Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:47:39 pm

Author Topic: my atar :(  (Read 1173 times)

Trwsh

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
my atar :(
« on: August 21, 2019, 04:25:21 pm »
hey guys
so i just finished my trial exams and my results aren't that great
i got maths back and just passed and for english im just passing as well
however for my other subjects im doing extremely well in near the band 5/6, im just worried for my maths and english mark which is at the moment near the band 3s and 2s... im not sure if hsc can boost my marks to a high band 4 or even a band 5  :(

im currently studying for my hsc exams,...is there still hope???

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: my atar :(
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 04:31:41 pm »
hey guys
however for my other subjects im doing extremely well in near the band 5/6, im just worried for my maths and english mark which is at the moment near the band 3s and 2s... im not sure if hsc can boost my marks to a high band 4 or even a band 5  :(

What is your atar aim? Obviously if it's something like a 99+ it might be a bit too ambitious, but you can still get a decent atar if your other subjects are where you say they are.

Trwsh

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
above 70, ideally an 80

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »
above 70, ideally an 80

That is very much achievable!! Work even harder and don't ever give up!

Trwsh

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 05:02:41 pm »
thank youuuuu

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 06:32:14 pm »
hey guys

Hey Trwsh! :D

I agree with what DrDusk has said. I'm not sure how much trials are weighted at your school, but if you are able to get the trial exams back once they are marked, you could go through the exam and figure out where you went wrong. This may boost your understanding of the content being taught and learn how to apply different styles of confusing questions to the syllabus/ content of the module. ;D

Also, as you are currently studying for the HSC, I would consider asking your Maths and English teacher to sit down with you a couple of free periods or lunches each week for each subject and go over the content you need assistance in. I did this and my marks improved and saw different ways O could tackle the questions presented. :)

Remember that the HSC is worth 50% of your final HSC Atar mark, so if you go good in the HSC exams then that could outweigh the bad trial marks (I think). 8)

Best of luck with your studies! ;D ;D

Coolmate 8)

P.S. --> If you are having trouble with Maths I find this YouTube channel to be of great help (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRGXV1QlxZ8aucmE45tRx8w/featured)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 06:34:10 pm by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 08:05:44 pm »

Remember that the HSC is worth 50% of your final HSC Atar mark, so if you go good in the HSC exams then that could outweigh the bad trial marks (I think). 8)

Can definitely vouch for this - happened to me! Keep working hard with high hopes because your aim is very much achievable :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW