Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:22:02 am

Author Topic: Crime Essay Structure  (Read 1661 times)  Share 

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Crime Essay Structure
« on: September 19, 2017, 03:12:29 pm »
Hi All,

Does anyone have any basic essay paragraph structures for a crime essay. I normally try and use the TEEL strcuture but i find that that can sometimes limit my judgment and clarity of expression.

Anyone got any tips

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Crime Essay Structure
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:39:45 pm »
+1
Hi All,

Does anyone have any basic essay paragraph structures for a crime essay. I normally try and use the TEEL strcuture but i find that that can sometimes limit my judgment and clarity of expression.

Anyone got any tips

Hey there!

So this isn't exactly what you were asking, but in the trial lectures (click here for the slides) I went through some different essay structures. I'll also go into detail with these towards HSC too. But it might help!

As for the actual paragraphs themselves - it really does matter on your overall essay style. As a checklist I find that you should have:
Legislation and/or international document/treaty.
Case
Media
Evaluation of for or against, or evaluation of effectiveness.

If you are having trouble with evaluation - consider the way the same thing is effective for a victim, but not so much for an offender, or vice versa. So you can look at these two "parties" in the scenario and review the effectiveness in protecting rights that way :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Crime Essay Structure
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:56:33 pm »
+1
Hey there!

So this isn't exactly what you were asking, but in the trial lectures (click here for the slides) I went through some different essay structures. I'll also go into detail with these towards HSC too. But it might help!

As for the actual paragraphs themselves - it really does matter on your overall essay style. As a checklist I find that you should have:
Legislation and/or international document/treaty.
Case
Media
Evaluation of for or against, or evaluation of effectiveness.

If you are having trouble with evaluation - consider the way the same thing is effective for a victim, but not so much for an offender, or vice versa. So you can look at these two "parties" in the scenario and review the effectiveness in protecting rights that way :)

Ok great thanks Ellyse that is really helpfull, ill try and incoporate those things throughout my essay,