Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:34:23 pm

Author Topic: best company trial exams??  (Read 4703 times)  Share 

xoxogossipgirl

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
best company trial exams??
« on: November 01, 2010, 05:15:17 pm »
i'm finished VCAA and going to redo them all, but i haven't done any other companies - except for a STAV about 2 months ago which was terrible

i think especially for psych some of the external company exams are rubbish.
i'm doing bits and pieces of a NEAP one now (just research methods really coz i need the most practice on it) and it's not too bad...but it had mnemonic devices other than method of loci & narrative chaining in it

what company do you find make the most reliable trial exams?
or should i just do VCAA? i only did VCAA for midyears but repeated them to ensure i'd learned from my errors, and still managed to scrape a low A+, but i'd like to maximise my potential for this exam  ;D
there's a bajillion different company exams on my school intranet so i sure have access to lots (but the exam's awfully soon so not much time to cram)

thank you :D

sillysmile

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • :>
  • Respect: +11
Re: best company trial exams??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:40:36 pm »
i'm finished VCAA and going to redo them all, but i haven't done any other companies - except for a STAV about 2 months ago which was terrible

i think especially for psych some of the external company exams are rubbish.
i'm doing bits and pieces of a NEAP one now (just research methods really coz i need the most practice on it) and it's not too bad...but it had mnemonic devices other than method of loci & narrative chaining in it

what company do you find make the most reliable trial exams?
or should i just do VCAA? i only did VCAA for midyears but repeated them to ensure i'd learned from my errors, and still managed to scrape a low A+, but i'd like to maximise my potential for this exam  ;D
there's a bajillion different company exams on my school intranet so i sure have access to lots (but the exam's awfully soon so not much time to cram)

thank you :D
if I had to choose, I would do neap and insight..
2010: Biology 37+   Literature 25+    Physical ed 36+   Psychology 44+
ATAR: 80+ and I will be happy.
2011: Psychological science @LaTrobe (bundoora campus)

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been"-- Mark Twain

xoxogossipgirl

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:43:38 pm »
thank you :) i think i'll do as many neap and insight as i can, and then as many of every other company research method questions.

sillysmile

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • :>
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:44:27 pm »
thank you :) i think i'll do as many neap and insight as i can, and then as many of every other company research method questions.
sounds awesome, good luck :o)
2010: Biology 37+   Literature 25+    Physical ed 36+   Psychology 44+
ATAR: 80+ and I will be happy.
2011: Psychological science @LaTrobe (bundoora campus)

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been"-- Mark Twain

masonnnn

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I'm an art student at heart, can't you tell?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:42 pm »
i've only done one or two tssm but they were okay. i'd agree that neap's best for psych.
2010: Chem, Lit, Bio, Psych and Further.
201_: Postgraduate Medicine...

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »
not STAV

I have lisachem, NEAP, insight left to do. About 6. No idea when im going to do them considering I have 2 exams on wednesday and ill be cramming for EL all tomorrow. Tempted to go with just a few hours sleep before the psych exam.

xoxogossipgirl

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:16:56 pm »
if you recall from unit 3, sleep deprivation may be detrimental to your focus during the exam so you should really sleep well. and bringing it back to unit 4, it may affect your ability to effectively recall information from LTM :-)
but i feel you, i feel that i have a lot more psych to do in a very small amount of time..

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 06:22:04 pm »
Yeah but ive been sleep deprived all year. Say hello to state dependent cues, mimicking the state I was in when I learned all the info.

xoxogossipgirl

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
fair enough. haha i love relating psych to absolutely everything in everyday life. it helps too. possibly a form of elaborative rehearsal?

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 06:32:44 pm »
fair enough. haha i love relating psych to absolutely everything in everyday life. it helps too. possibly a form of elaborative rehearsal?

I hate applying it to real life. partly because half of it is probably outdated shite and partly because it reminds me of VCE psych and how I dont study enough.
And yes ER.

xoxogossipgirl

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 06:36:57 pm »
good old VCE guilt eating you up inside.
study shmudy, pfft

mikee65

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 06:38:07 pm »
Can not go wrong with the ol Neaps

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 06:41:43 pm »
I've done at least one paper from basically all the main companies and I do agree, some are plain rubbish (lisachem, STAV= WAY TOO MANY MISTAKES IN THEIR PAPERS, CSE - some sections aren't really that relevant).

I'd say do insight and trials for teachers (if you can get your hands on them). These are by far the best IMO.

Neap are okay too  ;) haha.
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

xoxogossipgirl

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 06:43:26 pm »
and i would be doing a neap one now if i wasn't so horribly distracted by the internet..
considering making my parents hide the laptop and turning off the wireless internet so i can't use it on my ipod.

i think it's been discussed, but do you know where i could get a trials for teachers exam?
but otherwise i have access to lots of neap and insight so these (and of course vcaa) will be what i'll cram my brain with over the next few days.

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 06:46:40 pm »
and i would be doing a neap one now if i wasn't so horribly distracted by the internet..
considering making my parents hide the laptop and turning off the wireless internet so i can't use it on my ipod.

i think it's been discussed, but do you know where i could get a trials for teachers exam?
but otherwise i have access to lots of neap and insight so these (and of course vcaa) will be what i'll cram my brain with over the next few days.
Nar I have no idea. I wish I had them electronically. It could be worth it to ask your teacher? Most teachers will order from trials for teachers because they're reputable. I thought my teacher wouldn't have them because she only handed out STAV papers all the time but I asked her and she had them all in hard copy which was surprising so you may as well ask.

And go do that Neap paper! haha. I'll go finish another insight one so it's even haha.
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni