Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:53:31 am

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH VCE SUBJECT CHOICES  (Read 617 times)

toanns35

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
NEED HELP WITH VCE SUBJECT CHOICES
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:05:47 pm »
Hi am new to this forum and I know there's probably alot of similar questions, I am in Year 10 and considering subject choices for Year 11/12 VCE.  My strengths and interests are many and I am quite strong academically - I have always been above average in Maths, (was A/A+ up until end Year (9) but not as strong with results this year, I am currently doing Maths Methods 3/4 prep however not in the top 10% of the schools current Year 10 cohort, who are really advanced and will all most likely go on to do MM 3/4

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: NEED HELP WITH VCE SUBJECT CHOICES
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 08:24:45 pm »
Hi am new to this forum and I know there's probably alot of similar questions, I am in Year 10 and considering subject choices for Year 11/12 VCE.  My strengths and interests are many and I am quite strong academically - I have always been above average in Maths, (was A/A+ up until end Year (9) but not as strong with results this year, I am currently doing Maths Methods 3/4 prep however not in the top 10% of the schools current Year 10 cohort, who are really advanced and will all most likely go on to do MM 3/4

What's your question?
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

apaul490

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 08:31:07 pm »
Presuming you're stuck on what subjects to pick, considering you forgot to add the actual question you're wanting to ask.

Don't just focus on subjects you may be good at; choose subjects you actually enjoy/not failing, as if you don't enjoy the subject, you won't do as well/will find it laborious in year 12. If you have an idea of whether you want to go into uni, ensure you take the pre-requisites of those courses into account, too (most just require English and Maths). Once you're in yr 11, if you find yourself not liking a subject you picked after perhaps a month or so, I'm sure you can choose another subject on your list (as is the case with my school).

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 08:33:59 pm »

Hey Welcome to AN (Atar Notes)

This can be a really nerve-racking experience - (choosing subjects), as there are an ample of options, but just keep in mind you can always change them around before year 12 if you find the subject doesn't align with your interests.

It's great to see your doing great in maths, so obviously you will most likely be taking up methods 1/2 as you have said.
What other interest do you have? Arts? Humanities? Sciences?  You haven't really mentioned any other subjects your considering . . .

It'd be helpful if you could elaborate on what subjects your considering.

Also on a side note, make sure you check out prerequisites for any university courses you have an interest in, so you are able to satisfy them  :)
( For me I do, methods + chem  + English, which essentially opens doors for any course!)

:)
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University