Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:59 am

Author Topic: whys' VCE journal  (Read 79732 times)

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: whys' VCE journal
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2020, 08:28:04 pm »
+3
SAME! I think it looks to be one of the most interesting parts of the course. It will also be interesting to see if food studies plays in a small amount. I don't expect much but who knows. But yes, unit four looks the most exciting, and I don't understand why people hate on organic chem, its great. Maybe i'm just too much of a nerd.

I'm like you with English, lets hope we both get better than expected! What books are you required to read?

Yes! I'm pumped for food chemistry and organic chemistry. For me, unit 3 is the driest part of chem I'll have to push myself through. Food studies knowledge may help with general background info and better context, but as I expect we'll be going into the organic chemistry of food, there won't be much overlap between the two subjects other than general info.

I believe in us for English, we can do this! :D I'm doing Much Ado About Nothing, Old/New World, and the Penelopiad and Photograph 51 for comparative. What books are you doing?

It's really really good that you understand what you need to do to succeed with English. I was pretty shit at English (got a B on year 11 exam  :-[ ) but I legit did exactly what you said you're planning on doing and I managed to actually get reasonably good at essay writing. And if you don't mess up any sacs throughout the year I reckon you can easily get 45+!
It'll be cool to look back on ur journal when the marks are released and see how your results varied to your expectations.
Good luck!!
Yay! Proof that my plan works (if I stick to it). Yeah, I'm really hoping I don't mess up on any of my sacs since English is 50/50 sacs and exam and I've been told by a lot of people to keep up your ranking if you want a high score in English. And don't hold me to that 45+, but I'll try my best! Yeah, it's always fun comparing predictions to your actual scores and seeing how much better/worse you've done. Congrats on your 42 in eng lang - that's an amazing achievement! Good luck for uni :P
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2020, 08:44:32 pm »
+1
Great to see some awesome expectations whys! And also glad we are doing the same comparative books for english (I will definitely need someone to stress out with and compare notes with towards the period of comparative essays!).

Can't wait to see you work through your subjects this year, especially since I'm doing the same subjects you are this year (well excluding bio which I did last year)  ;D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2020, 08:55:32 pm »
+1
Great to see some awesome expectations whys! And also glad we are doing the same comparative books for english (I will definitely need someone to stress out with and compare notes with towards the period of comparative essays!).

Can't wait to see you work through your subjects this year, especially since I'm doing the same subjects you are this year (well excluding bio which I did last year)  ;D

Thank god I'm not the only one doing those comparative texts! We should definitely help each other out and freak out together - that'll be fun for sure. Good luck for year 12 - let's hope we both smash it! I'm looking forward to seeing your journey on your journal too :D
psych [50] bio [50]

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2020, 11:47:24 am »
+8
EXTREMELY important update:

I have started my holiday homework! :D
I only have a little more to go for methods and english! (Still haven't started chem or bio, but that's okay, I still have time!)
psych [50] bio [50]

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2020, 12:07:20 pm »
+4

I only have a little more to go for methods and english! (Still haven't started chem or bio, but that's okay, I still have time!)

Go whys!!! Starting holiday homework is definitely a massive achievement! ;D (I'm so proud that you have beaten procrastination)
You have plenty of time to do the homework so don't worry too much. What type of homework did you have set to do during these holidays?
Keep us updated when you have defeated the homework beast 🤣

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2020, 12:51:05 pm »
+3

(Image removed from quote.)

YESSS!! Congrats whys, and you still have ten days left so you’ll smash it  ;D ;D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »
+2

Woohoo!
That's awesome that you have beaten your procrastination and started to do some homework! Please tell me your secrets!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2020, 02:22:11 pm »
+4
Go whys!!! Starting holiday homework is definitely a massive achievement! ;D (I'm so proud that you have beaten procrastination)
You have plenty of time to do the homework so don't worry too much. What type of homework did you have set to do during these holidays?
Keep us updated when you have defeated the homework beast 🤣

THANK YOU!
English - read the texts (obviously), analyse a bunch of poems, create a poster for one of the texts
Maths - complete a certain set of exercises from the textbook from ch1 and ch2
Chem - complete all questions from ch 4 & 5 and complete given redox test
Bio - complete all questions from ch1, 2 & 3

YESSS!! Congrats whys, and you still have ten days left so you’ll smash it  ;D ;D
Thank you! (time to grind)

Woohoo!
That's awesome that you have beaten your procrastination and started to do some homework! Please tell me your secrets!
My secrets? Well, it mainly involved thinking about how much trouble I'd get in by my teachers if I didn't finish my homework ;). Also, I want to do well in year 12, not just slack off like in year 11 and younger year levels.
psych [50] bio [50]

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »
+2

(Image removed from quote.)
Great job whys! Super proud of you! You still have heaps of time, so don't even worry about it. All that matters is that you've started and got your motivation back. Yay!
 ;D

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2020, 11:43:53 am »
+2
Great job whys! Super proud of you! You still have heaps of time, so don't even worry about it. All that matters is that you've started and got your motivation back. Yay!
 ;D
Thanks so much Evolio! <3
psych [50] bio [50]

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2020, 09:49:13 pm »
+7
Okay, this update is even more important than the last! (To me, at least).
My younger sibling saw a smudge of yellow/green outside the window (we were all inside the house) in the backyard. Then she yelled out that there was a lorikeet outside in our backyard. I rushed to the window and saw a BUDGIE (not lorikeet lol) crouching behind one of our plant pots (it was raining). We managed to get the poor thing inside our garage and that's where the lil guy is now. We gave him/her food and water in the garage and just left the bird in there. It looked really tired, supposedly from flying in the rain. He/she was probably really scared, but he/she let me touch him/her and it perched on my arm momentarily. We decided to sort it out in the morning haha. For now, we named the bird Baby and are probably going to take Baby to the vet tomorrow to get it checked for disease/microchips to search for the owner. I'll keep you guys posted if anything happens!

*P.S. not a very academic-related post, sorry ???
psych [50] bio [50]

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2020, 12:10:36 pm »
+2
Yay! Proof that my plan works (if I stick to it). Yeah, I'm really hoping I don't mess up on any of my sacs since English is 50/50 sacs and exam and I've been told by a lot of people to keep up your ranking if you want a high score in English. And don't hold me to that 45+, but I'll try my best! Yeah, it's always fun comparing predictions to your actual scores and seeing how much better/worse you've done.

Sacs are 100% important for English. I completely bombed my end of year exam (if I got one mark less I would've gotten a B), but my sac scores genuinely saved me and helped me get the study score that I did.
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2020, 05:02:10 pm »
+2
Okay, this update is even more important than the last! (To me, at least).
My younger sibling saw a smudge of yellow/green outside the window (we were all inside the house) in the backyard. Then she yelled out that there was a lorikeet outside in our backyard. I rushed to the window and saw a BUDGIE (not lorikeet lol) crouching behind one of our plant pots (it was raining). We managed to get the poor thing inside our garage and that's where the lil guy is now. We gave him/her food and water in the garage and just left the bird in there. It looked really tired, supposedly from flying in the rain. He/she was probably really scared, but he/she let me touch him/her and it perched on my arm momentarily. We decided to sort it out in the morning haha. For now, we named the bird Baby and are probably going to take Baby to the vet tomorrow to get it checked for disease/microchips to search for the owner. I'll keep you guys posted if anything happens!

*P.S. not a very academic-related post, sorry ???

How's Baby the Bird doing? :)

Fun fact about budgies: they have a coloured thing above their beak called a cere. If it's blue, the budgie is male, and if it's pinky brown, it's female!
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2020, 05:10:34 pm »
+6
How's Baby the Bird doing? :)

Fun fact about budgies: they have a coloured thing above their beak called a cere. If it's blue, the budgie is male, and if it's pinky brown, it's female!

Yes, Baby was a female, as she had a brownish cere! She got more accustomed to us and felt comfortable enough to sit on me after a day haha. A day and a half after we found her, when my dad was going to the garage she found her dead. We have no idea why - perhaps it was since she was weak when she arrived, but her behaviour seemed very normal. And it was just as we were going to take her to the vet, and we had just arrived home with proper budgie feed. I was really upset, and it was really unexpected and out of nowhere. She was really sweet and I wish she could have lived a little longer so the vet could have found out what was wrong and helped her. I hope she's in bird heaven now
psych [50] bio [50]

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2020, 05:42:50 pm »
+4
I'm so sorry to hear that :(
Hope you and your family are doing okay.

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash