Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:27:21 pm

Author Topic: Thoughts on GP?  (Read 3047 times)  Share 

hi.itsjessi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +20
Thoughts on GP?
« on: June 05, 2018, 12:00:39 am »
Hey guys! So I just wanted some opinions as to what you guys think about my group’s ideas for GP!

First things first, we’re trying to veer into the absurdist style because it was established that we wanted to comment on an issue prevailent within society ( this being how self orientated we have become and how ugly this can become) yet also present in a way where it is satirical; as to not cause offence and to also keep people thinking!

So now that we’ve gotten that across, the main idea behind it is that we’re all homeless and we have been living together in a dump for a while. A briefcase appears and someone takes notice. Amongst the fighting for it possession, the characters envision what’s inside the case and this will be orientated towards the character and their unique story. Some stuff happens in between and the cycle repeats, again and again, becoming more absurd and nonsensical as it goes on. And then we conclude- anticlimactically. We try to open the case and it’s locked -end act-
Funny story though, we thought of this ending because someone lost the key to the case and it can’t be open, so we thought it would be hilarious to have a massive buildup only to have it drop to the ground :D

Regarding our characters, we have...
- a failed fashion designer obsessed with sequins
- an athlete who became overweight
- an ex detective, desperate to return
- a drunken soldier who was kicked out from the army
- a doctor with a split personality

Costuming is fairly simple- all black except for accessories to associate with each character (I.e a sweatband, a scarf, etc) and rituals!

So there we have it, what do you guys think? Any opinions (or directives) would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: Thoughts on GP?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:06:34 am »
+3
That sounds so great, especially cause I love absurdism! It sounds like you have a good plot line which can be nicely written into the cyclical nature of absurdism and the ending, although anticlimactic for the characters really finishes it nicely, kind of making a comment on how meaningless this all is. The characters all have similar desires though, they all fell out of a profession and want to return, maybe consider if you want this similarity to be the case or if you want more variety.
Sounds great! Feel free to keep us updated with your progress  ;D
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--