Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:50:08 am

Author Topic: 2 English SAC, both bad. Don't know what to do next  (Read 1947 times)  Share 

Sirius

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
2 English SAC, both bad. Don't know what to do next
« on: May 12, 2017, 08:00:33 pm »
Hey everyone.
For English I have completed my Creative and Text response sacs and both of them were bad .
For my text response I achieved an M score in term 1, which I think is reasonable as I did not like the topic I choose and could not yield strong arguments. But that was my motivation factor to work harder for the creative and I did but I received an  "M" (medium) AGAIN!!  :'(  which is lower than expected.  :'( :'( I was hoping for a High as I really did work hard for this one.
I am aiming for 35+ study score. Is it possible to improve my english before the end of year exam?
I am really petrified now and have started to believe my fate is sealed.  Even when i work hard I only attain mediocre results. I have started to despise English to the point where I have no motivation to do homework or any work all together.
Is there a chance for me to improve by November or am I really doomed? :(

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:04:37 pm by Sirius »
20XVII: VCE 😑

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: 2 English SAC, both bad. Don't know what to do next
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 08:12:45 pm »
Hey everyone.
For English I have completed my Creative and Text response sacs and both of them were bad .
For my text response I achieved an M score in term 1, which I think is reasonable as I did not like the topic I choose and could not yield strong arguments. But that was my motivation factor to work harder for the creative and I did but I received an  "M" (medium) AGAIN!!  :'(  which is lower than expected.  :'( :'( I was hoping for a High as I really did work hard for this one.
I am aiming for 35+ study score. Is it possible to improve my english before the end of year exam?
I am really petrified now and have started to believe my fate is sealed.  Even when i work hard I only attain mediocre results. I have started to despise English to the point where I have no motivation to do homework or any work all together.
Is there a chance for me to improve by November or am I really doomed? :(

Hi Sirius,

I'm really sorry to hear that your results haven't been reflecting your effort. If it helps, I can understand the position you are in. Recently I've had a few SACs, which haven't reflected my work, which has been extremely disappointing. But it does not mean that you can't be successful!

With English, I think it's really important to form a close relationship with your teacher. I suggest that you take the time to sit down with your teacher and work out exactly where you are going wrong. You might work out that time is your issue, expression is your issue or lack of evidence is your issue. Whatever it be, you still have time to work on it! We are only in May. Therefore, you definitely have time to improve, so long as you can pinpoint where you are going wrong.

It is also important to remember that SACs are scaled accordingly. So, an M at your school, may be a high or very high at another. After all, it is the exam that ultimately determines your study score.

Don't give up hope and keep working hard!  :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
Re: 2 English SAC, both bad. Don't know what to do next
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:10:02 pm »
I agree with the stuff Clarke said. The best way to improve for English is to get feedback for your work and try to fix the mistakes you've made in practice essays. Also, of course you can improve your English by the end of the year. At my school, I've heard people go from a C to an A or higher from the end of year 11 to the start of year 12. So, you can definitely improve as long as you continue putting in the effort.   :)