Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:20 pm

Author Topic: Major Works Lecture April 2019 Series  (Read 795 times)

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Major Works Lecture April 2019 Series
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:26:46 am »
+8
Hey, everyone!

Hope you had a great time and learnt something valuable from my plethora of advice. This thread is for any burning questions left unanswered or unaddressed from the mini lecture that you would like me to go more in depth into. Get your questions in and I will aim to respond to them to the best of my ability and knowledge  8)

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D

UPDATE: Apologies for not singing before everyone left  :'( I have a link to my HSC performance here for those who are particularly eager to hear it :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:46:56 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
Re: Major Works Lecture April 2019 Series
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »
+7
Resources from Today's Lecture

- Poetry peeps: The Poem's Heartbeat: A Manual on Prosody by Alfred Corn summary notes

- Sample Extension 2 Major Work: Vivace + Reflection Statement

- Sample Band 6 PIP: Colouring Between the Lines

- Link to my HSC journey journal in the signature  :)

If there's any other requests, do let me know!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:32:24 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

Christel.lee

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:32:29 pm »
+1
Hi!
I am the girl with the metal sculpture idea.  I was wondering if you had any clue as too what kind of acids I should use to create some sort of chemical reaction towards the material: Stainless steel, galvanised steel and zinc o neil.
Although my teachers just consulted me into including, cutting some metal street signs into my piece as a way to incorporate more meaning. Thus making the piece more of a found object sculpture - so I'm not too sure of the variation of materials and techniques I should use.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 02:09:28 pm »
+3
Hi!
I am the girl with the metal sculpture idea.  I was wondering if you had any clue as too what kind of acids I should use to create some sort of chemical reaction towards the material: Stainless steel, galvanised steel and zinc o neil.
Although my teachers just consulted me into including, cutting some metal street signs into my piece as a way to incorporate more meaning. Thus making the piece more of a found object sculpture - so I'm not too sure of the variation of materials and techniques I should use.

Hey, Christel.lee!

Welcome to the forums  ;D Loving the sculpture idea and it's great to see you willing to experiment with different substances to develop your aesthetic. I found salt to be heaps of fun to use in my BOW and from my understanding, having wet metal and then applying salt to it will accelerate a rusting process. You could also use vinegar and have that react with the materials too  ;D

Perhaps consider consulting a science teacher to see if they have any advice on your materials specifically, since they'll know more about them than I do  :) With some more research, I'm sure you can find other substances available that are safe and reactive for your BOW! Then, I would recommend just testing it out with a smaller, unused piece to show your art teachers. Justify why you think the experiment is successful and how it will contribute to your concept as a result.  If they like it, then great news! You can go ahead with it. If they aren't too excited about the idea, do come back to this thread and tell me what the feedback was. We'll definitely find some way to incorporate more meaning in a way you'll enjoy  8) Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 03:14:56 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-