Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:20:34 pm

Poll

Eco or Psych?

Economics
Psych

Author Topic: Ramya63's VCE Journey Journal  (Read 3746 times)

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
Ramya63's VCE Journey Journal
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:57 pm »
+7
Hey guys!
I thought now would be a good time to start one of these, and hopefully to be kept accountable for my work for the next 2 years!
I'm in Year 11 this year, and I'm doing 2 3/4's this year, Biology and Methods. The plan is to do Eng Lang, Spesh, Chemistry, Economics and Uni Extension Bio next year.

12/09/17
Today I had a Methods sac, and I think I did pretty well, but I'll just have to wait and see. Part B of the sac is tomorrow, and it'll be longer and probably a bit harder, so we'll see how it goes.
We started titrations in chem, and I kinda hate it, never really liked chem pracs in general :/
We started statics and dynamics in spesh, and I have no idea what's going on, but I'll hopefully figure it out!
2017: Biology [46], Methods [43]
2018: Eng Lang [40] Spesh [40] Chem [45] Psych [47] ATAR: 99.40
2019: Med at Monash :)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Ramya63's VCE Journey Journal
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 06:43:22 pm »
+5
Welcome to the forum! :D
How have you found Methods and Bio this year? Are you glad that you took them as your early 3/4s?

Really keen to read your updates and follow you through the rest of your VCE!

P.S. good luck for the second part of your SAC tomorrow! :)

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 06:47:00 pm »
+6
Welcome to the forum! :D
How have you found Methods and Bio this year? Are you glad that you took them as your early 3/4s?

Really keen to read your updates and follow you through the rest of your VCE!

P.S. good luck for the second part of your SAC tomorrow! :)

Methods and Bio have been pretty good, my SAC average has been pretty decent for both, and I'm definitely glad that I'm doing them this year, I think it'll really help with my stress levels for next year!

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 08:13:27 pm »
+2
13/09/17
All my sacs for the year are officially finished!!
The sac today went pretty well, I think, hopefully we find out results before the end of term!

Only had 2 classes today, psych was okay, but boring cos we just read the textbook and eng lang was also just reading some articles.

(I'm gonna try update this everyday, or at least every week)

Phoenix11

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:58:19 pm »
+1
I wish you a successful and happy future!
How has VCE life been in your experience?
😊
Phoenix11-
Work hard in silence and let your success be your noise.
😄

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 09:47:30 pm »
+2
I wish you a successful and happy future!
How has VCE life been in your experience?
😊

VCE has been pretty good actually! Some subjects have definitely been a step up from Year 9 & 10, like Bio and Chem, but Methods and Spesh are kinda normal, cos it just feels like the same maths I've been doing my entire life, just a bit harder.

I am really hoping to get involved with some more extracurricular's next year, as I don't have that many this year, so I can't really speak for balancing school.

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 10:03:43 pm »
+4
So... it's a week later  ;D
Here are some updates on each of my subjects:
Bio: Pretty good, just doing revision in class, I'm also attempting to do a practice exam everyday (wish me luck!)
Methods: Finally finished the course, got some mini mnm's from my teacher, and also attempting to do a practice exam a day (at least over the holidays)
Eng Lang: Got our essays back, and got my best ever essay mark!! Super happy with that, and thankfully, we also don't have any holiday homework!
Spesh: Nothing new, same topics, just doing textbook work in class
Psych: We're doing attitudes, which is the most fascinating thing we've done to date.
Chem: Haven't gotten our tests back, hopefully we'll get them before the holidays, starting a poster investigation task.

Other things in my life:
- I've really come to enjoy volunteering, and it's awesome cos my school gives us so many opportunities to volunteer, especially as its hard to volunteer when you're under 18.
- Slowly cutting down on procrastination by giving myself some rules to follow
- I now have a 1 litre bottle of water on my desk, so I can actually remember to drink more water!

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:16 pm »
+3
The holidays are over, and the stress is kicking in. Overall, my holidays were fairly productive in terms of Methods, and 0% productive in terms of everything else. I have somehow lost complete motivation for Biology, even though I still love the subject, I can't bring myself to do practice exams or revise in any way, shape or form. So I'm going to plan out an exam to do everyday for Bio and see if I can follow through with it.
In other news, I got my chem test back, and did the worst I've ever done on a chem test, because I, for some reason, thought that the formula was n=c/v instead of n=c*v. So, I was super bummed about that, but live and learn.
We have a test for spesh on friday, and I have not done any of the exercises, so I'm kinda screwed.

I also applied for a leadership position, which I didn't get, but I did write the application at the last minute, so I'm not surprised. I have another one I applied to that I haven't heard back from yet, so hopefully I'll get that one! I've been sticking with my 1L jug on my desk, and I'm doing pretty well with finishing it, so that's good!

I'm kinda scared for exams, but not as much as everyone else seems to be, and I'm not sure of that's a good thing or not.

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:35 am »
Well, it could be a good or bad thing.
I guess it depends if your being realistic on not.
If you say you know the whole course inside and out before only get 20% overall on an exam for it. Then your being delusional and it is a bad thing.

But if your predictions are somewhat closely interlinked, then it could be a good thing.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 10:34:47 am »
The holidays are over, and the stress is kicking in. Overall, my holidays were fairly productive in terms of Methods, and 0% productive in terms of everything else. I have somehow lost complete motivation for Biology, even though I still love the subject, I can't bring myself to do practice exams or revise in any way, shape or form. So I'm going to plan out an exam to do everyday for Bio and see if I can follow through with it.
In other news, I got my chem test back, and did the worst I've ever done on a chem test, because I, for some reason, thought that the formula was n=c/v instead of n=c*v. So, I was super bummed about that, but live and learn.
We have a test for spesh on friday, and I have not done any of the exercises, so I'm kinda screwed.

I also applied for a leadership position, which I didn't get, but I did write the application at the last minute, so I'm not surprised. I have another one I applied to that I haven't heard back from yet, so hopefully I'll get that one! I've been sticking with my 1L jug on my desk, and I'm doing pretty well with finishing it, so that's good!

I'm kinda scared for exams, but not as much as everyone else seems to be, and I'm not sure of that's a good thing or not.

What leadership position(s)? :)

Enjoying these updates!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

bianca3016

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:24 pm »

Can 100% relate to bio. The practise exams seem to be scaring me more than the actual exam? haha
And in regards to chemistry, I legit made the exact same mistake. In fact, I managed to answer an entire page with n=cV and then decided I was wrong, repeated the page with n=c/V and lost sooo many marks...

Good job on methods though, by the way! :)
2017; Biology
2018; Accounting, Chemistry, Economics, English Language, Further Mathematics

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 05:28:54 pm »
+4
Well, it could be a good or bad thing.
I guess it depends if your being realistic on not.
If you say you know the whole course inside and out before only get 20% overall on an exam for it. Then your being delusional and it is a bad thing.

But if your predictions are somewhat closely interlinked, then it could be a good thing.

Yeah, I think I'm mostly being pretty realistic, I do know the content pretty well, but answering questions can be difficult.

What leadership position(s)? :)

Enjoying these updates!

So I applied for a volunteering leadership position (which I didn't get) and a peer support position, which I have yet to hear back from, but I'm a lot more hopeful as there are many more positions available.

Can 100% relate to bio. The practise exams seem to be scaring me more than the actual exam? haha
And in regards to chemistry, I legit made the exact same mistake. In fact, I managed to answer an entire page with n=cV and then decided I was wrong, repeated the page with n=c/V and lost sooo many marks...

Good job on methods though, by the way! :)

Thank you!! I wish that motivation would carry over to bio, haha!
I've decided I'd rather have made that mistake in 1/2 than in the 3/4 exam, so hopefully I don't make that mistake again.

So we got our Bio sac back today, and it is my worst sac yet, but I'm kinda okay with it, because there is nothing I can do anymore, and also it was a really weird sac, so hopefully it will get scaled by VCAA.

We also got Methods sacs back, and it's my best sac for methods this year! I wonder if this has anything to do with my increased motivation for methods than bio.

Nothing has really been happening in my 1/2's, but we did have a spesh test last week, that I think I did horribly on, but we'll see.

Ramya63

• Trailblazer
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:52 pm »
So... it's been a couple of months. Results came out a few days ago, and I'm a little disappointed. Bio was definitely not as high as I wanted, and Methods was kind of expected, since I didn't do as well as I wanted on the exams, but I guess I was hoping for a little higher. I'm just trying to focus on some holiday homework, but youtube is sucking up all my time!! I only have a couple of weeks before I have to go on this summer school for Bio, so I'm trying to get my work in, before I only have a week and I have to do a ridiculous amount of work.

I'll try to post a bit more later in the holidays, or when school starts again!