Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:47:12 am

Author Topic: UMEP question  (Read 1761 times)  Share 

Guideme

• Forum Regular
  • Help me get the ATAR i want! :)
  • Respect: 0
UMEP question
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:01:38 pm »
Hi everyone,
I am deciding on whether I should join the UMEP for accounting.
One of the problems is due to transportation since I live around the south eastern suburbs and my school is in Mulgrave. Taking the bus to the train station and then a train to flinders station would take approx 1 hr. So idk if it would be worth the trip.

Furthermore on the UMEP website, I do not know how to read the timetable. So I would be happy if anyone could interpret the timetable for me. For some reason there is a lecture that goes on everyday and I am wondering whether we just go to the lecture that suits our time or do we have a fixed timetable for instance we go there every Monday etc.

Thank you!
:0 :)

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
Re: UMEP question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:24:45 pm »
Hi everyone,
I am deciding on whether I should join the UMEP for accounting.
One of the problems is due to transportation since I live around the south eastern suburbs and my school is in Mulgrave. Taking the bus to the train station and then a train to flinders station would take approx 1 hr. So idk if it would be worth the trip.

Furthermore on the UMEP website, I do not know how to read the timetable. So I would be happy if anyone could interpret the timetable for me. For some reason there is a lecture that goes on everyday and I am wondering whether we just go to the lecture that suits our time or do we have a fixed timetable for instance we go there every Monday etc.

Thank you!

For UMEP Accounting there is one 2-hour lecture and one 1-hour tutorial per week.
From what I can see in the handbook, there is no attendance hurdle. it is up to you to decide whether or not to attend your lectures and/or tutorials, but nonetheless it is important to know you won't be penalised for missing them.
In saying that, 10% of your grade (for Semester 1 at least) is "tutorial work" which, obviously, happens during tutorials. Therefore it makes sense that you attend.
For Semester 1, you will be taking ACCT10001 Accounting Reports and Analysis and the timetable for lectures is as follows (you choose one from the following times):
> Monday 14:15-16:15
> Tuesday 9:00-11:00
> Wednesday 12:00-14:00
> Thursday 9:00-11:00 or 15:15-17:15
For tutorials there is a whole bunch. You just have to choose one that's code is "ACCT10001/U/1/SM1/T01/something".

For Semester Two you'll be taking ACCT10002 Introductory Financial Accounting which has the following lecture slots available:
> Tuesday 12:00-14:00
> Friday 9:00-11:00
And a bunch of tutorials to choose from, which should start with the code "ACCT10002/U/1/SM2/T01/something".

Good luck
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?