Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:10:35 pm

Author Topic: People and politics related-positive political parties?  (Read 960 times)

massive

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
People and politics related-positive political parties?
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:08:35 pm »
Guys for mod c: people and politics, would having a related that shows the remedial effects of political parties be smart. I think this would stand out and you could use it to show that its all about the representation as my core portrays the detrimental effects while related shows opposite. Any thoughts? (btw does anyone know of texts that show the positive side of political ideologies :P everything i've seen is all negative)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: People and politics related-positive political parties?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:02 pm »
Guys for mod c: people and politics, would having a related that shows the remedial effects of political parties be smart. I think this would stand out and you could use it to show that its all about the representation as my core portrays the detrimental effects while related shows opposite. Any thoughts? (btw does anyone know of texts that show the positive side of political ideologies :P everything i've seen is all negative)
I don't know for sure, but if you want to find a text showing the positive side of political ideologies, maybe have a look at some autobiographies from some famous politicians? I haven't read it, but maybe "Hard Choices" by Hillary Clinton would work?
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: People and politics related-positive political parties?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:11:29 am »

I think what you're dealing with here is subjective in itself! Have a look at Shakespeare's texts for example: What is seen as a positive approach to politics by some (particularly the Machiavellian leaders) is often to the detriment of those around and those oppressed. Alternatively, what is seen as positive to masses (particularly in protests), it is seen as negative within the political parties, often. So I think if you're game, you could take on a spin about exactly how the two can be seen both ways - that would be a really interesting thesis!

I totally see what you're saying about the positive approach - and unfortunately, positive stories don't make best sellers too often ;) Take something that is negative, and see who can view it as positive :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!