Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:34:40 am

Author Topic: Monash Undergrad Med Question  (Read 897 times)  Share 

Hello132

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Monash Undergrad Med Question
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:55:44 pm »
+1
Hi,

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post this in but I had a question regarding the scores needed to get into med at Monash. I got a 95th percentile in the UCAT this year and expecting a 99.00+ ATAR, does this place me in a safe spot to get in (assuming a very standard/maybe even below average interview)? Or will I need to do really well for the interview component? If any students who got in could provide what they got and how they felt about their interviews that would extremely beneficial. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Skittles99

• Adventurer
  • Love to help out where I can.
  • Respect: +8
Re: Monash Undergrad Med Question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:03:52 pm »
+1
Hey there Hello132,

Just to let you know for next time, a lot of Monash related things are posted in this forum: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?board=85.0

I don't study medicine, but I do know a bit about entry to most Monash courses :)

Firstly, congrats on your UCAT score!! That is amazing :D

Secondly, a 95th percentile and a 99+ ATAR will be extremely beneficial for entrance to Monash med, but they value the interview just as much as they do UCAT scores and ATAR. If your interview is lacking and prevents you from getting into medicine first time around, you cannot resit it, even if you reapply. It is really important to nail that interview.

"Please note all applicants applying for this course are only allowed to attend the interview once. Those who are re-applying for this course and have previously attended the interview for this course are not required to attend the interview again." (Source: https://www.monash.edu/medicine/som/direct-entry/domestic)

Thirdly, I know of people who have gotten into Monash medicine with ATARs in the lower 90s with similar UCAT scores, which really shows how important the interview is.

I hope this was able to help you in the slightest bit.
I wish you the best of luck for everything!  :)
2019-2023: Monash University