Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:17:40 am

Author Topic: Journey to becoming a physiotherapist  (Read 5661 times)

wince3

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +3
Journey to becoming a physiotherapist
« on: August 08, 2019, 05:11:42 pm »
+9
Hi I’m in year 10 at the moment and my current goal is to become an undergraduate physiotherapist at UQ University. Provided that I achieve a 97-96 atar, I will be in an extremely competitive position thanks to my eligibility for a 2+ adjustment factor. I’m very excited and I know this won’t be the be all end all, but rather a challenge that I feel motivated  to overcome.
The subjects I am choosing are as follows:
- Maths methods
- Physics
- biology
- English general
- certificate III in sport and recreation
- Japanese
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:15:32 pm by wince3 »

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Journey to becoming a physiotherapist
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 05:33:53 pm »
+4
First of all, welcome to AN! I hope you find this journal (and the AN community) really helpful and wish you all the best in your pursuit of the physio degree at UQ. :)

What sorts of extracurriculars and hobbies do you enjoy outside of school? And how do you find your Cert III? (I’m really curious as to what you do in Sport and Recreation.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:35:52 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 06:22:17 pm »
+4
Welcome to atarnotes! :)

Love the subjects you're choosing - if you've got any questions about studying science subjects or anything like that please feel free to hit me up :)

It seems like you're taking a really healthy approach to QCE - I can't wait to see how it all pans out for you.

Why physiotherapy?

Best of luck!

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 08:41:03 am »
+3
Fantastic to see more Queenslanders hopping aboard! I'm sure we all appreciate you sharing your journey (these things are super fun to read :))).
QCE Class of 2023 :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:41:23 am »
+2
Great to have you here, wince3. :) We have some physiotherapy students around, so make sure you ask any questions you have!

How are you finding the transition to the new ATAR system? What's the vibe like at your school?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

wince3

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 06:26:21 pm »
Thanks Joseph41, at the moment most of the students are backing away from the prospect of getting their dream job because of this new system. On the other hand there are a few students who are selecting the suicide six subjects. However I am  very exciting to see how this system all plays out and whether the students who chose the suicide six can rise to the challenge.

wince3

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 06:36:21 pm »
+1
Thanks angel wings. The certificate III course I will be undertaking is part of the football excellence program at my school. Not only is it a hobby that I am passionate about, but also a sport that I find real enjoyment in (I also hope that it’s relatively easy). I am pretty sure that it has units on anatomy and biomechanics which would be relevant background information for studying a course in physiotherapy. Additionally, the subject involves officiating as a referee which is fortunately my part time job (plus officiating is good pay for a part time job and helps me with my understanding of the game).

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 08:04:29 pm »
+1
Really excited to read your updates! :D

I'm in my 3rd year of physio at the moment, so it's always exciting to see people who want to be the next generation of physiotherapists!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 05:42:04 pm »
+1
Another QCE journal- super exciting! So great to meet someone new on the forums. I really, really want to work in allied health (probably OT or speech though). My passion is definitely working with children, especially in the disability community. Do you have a specific area of physio you're interested in?

Three of my friends are doing sport and rec and loving it! Have you ever done anything like it before?

wince3

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 05:55:31 pm »
+3
Another QCE journal- super exciting! So great to meet someone new on the forums. I really, really want to work in allied health (probably OT or speech though). My passion is definitely working with children, especially in the disability community. Do you have a specific area of physio you're interested in?

Three of my friends are doing sport and rec and loving it! Have you ever done anything like it before?

Thank you Laura_. I think I’d be mainly interested in rehabilitation (sports would be nice though). Otherwise, I would be fine with the helping children as well or maybe the elderly. Wish you luck with your career as well.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 07:05:39 am »
How have you been over the past month or so? Hope that you have had restful holidays!