Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:31:47 pm

Author Topic: Internals  (Read 1751 times)  Share 

aadharmg

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Internals
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:55:59 pm »
I wanted to know how badly your internal rank can impact your overall HSC mark. For example, if I get a 75ish average in the internals and rank around 15/50 and first place has an average of 95%, does that mean that my internal result is too bad even if I get a good mark in the externals, say 85 raw in the 2017 2U Maths paper?

vandanac55555

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Internals
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 09:57:45 pm »
Lol, im worried about the same thing tbh:P

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:00:30 pm »
+3
It's hard to say, because it doesn't just depend on you and whoever came first. It depends on your entire cohort.

On top of the ranks, how far away you were from whoever came first in the internals contributes as well. The algorithm is quite extensive (and Jamon might appear and link you to his article for proper depth) but actual predictions are hard to make.

(Which is also why you really should move on from this. I understand how easy it is to get worried over this stuff, but now really is not the time for it. Focus on the remaining exams, instead of build up negative thoughts over just 2U maths.)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:33:03 pm »
A full guide on the process for those interested in exactly how ranks play into things ;D