Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:56:54 am

Author Topic: To those receiving your ATAR tomorrow!  (Read 3645 times)

wyzard

• Forum Obsessive
To those receiving your ATAR tomorrow!
« on: December 11, 2016, 10:46:32 pm »
Tomorrow's a big day for 2016 Year 12 students, with the ATAR official release.

Pretty sure emotions are running high; for some excitement and hope, while for some dread and apprehension. I went through the same emotional roller coaster back then, so I know the mix of excitement and dread before the big day.

​Understandably completing high school and VCE is a very big milestone in life, as now you're step closer to adulthood, and hopefully a step up in your education.

Whatever your result may be, don't forget that you've done your best in the most intense year in high school, and don't forget the life and study skills cultivated in this hectic year. These skills cultivated will be highly valuable in your future endeavours, and never stop working on them.

Remember, just being to get past Year 12 and finish high school is a very big accomplishment, so feel proud of yourself!

No matter what your results are, don't let your results determine who you are, as it just a feedback in your performance this year. Ultimately it is the knowledge, skills, lessons learned this year that matters, and no matter what number you're going to receive tomorrow, always look into the future and strive to achieve the best you can ever be!

To those receiving your ATAR tomorrow, I wish everyone of you the best of luck!
Graduated from high school in 2012 with atar of 99.55.

Currently doing MSc in Physics at UoM researching on Quantum Computers.

Offering group lessons for Unit 3/4 VCE Methods and Physics for 2017!

Selling awesome and in-depth study notes for Unit 3 Physics, PM me if interested! :D

Writer/Tutor at (Nerd of Passion)!
Connect with me on Facebook!

JG97

• Trailblazer
  • It's a weird world out there, Morty.
Re: To those receiving your ATAR tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 10:49:00 pm »
Cheers, Wyzard.
I wrote this for my Facebook friends and it has similar sentiments to your post:
"To all who receive their ATAR scores tomorrow.
Each one of you has potential beyond a mere academic score. Each one of you has an incredible and unique talent that you can employ to your advantage. If you don't get the score you wanted, please don't despair. Chances are you'll find a pathway to what you want to do.
As Winston Churchill once said to a room full of young people like ourselves: "Never give up, never give up, never give up."
All the best."
Don't stress out, guys. You will do absolutely fine. I believe in you!
-Jonathan

wyzard

• Forum Obsessive
Re: To those receiving your ATAR tomorrow!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 11:06:34 pm »
Cheers, Wyzard.
I wrote this for my Facebook friends and it has similar sentiments to your post:
"To all who receive their ATAR scores tomorrow.
Each one of you has potential beyond a mere academic score. Each one of you has an incredible and unique talent that you can employ to your advantage. If you don't get the score you wanted, please don't despair. Chances are you'll find a pathway to what you want to do.
As Winston Churchill once said to a room full of young people like ourselves: "Never give up, never give up, never give up."
All the best."
Don't stress out, guys. You will do absolutely fine. I believe in you!
-Jonathan

Well said! ;D It's important to realize that results aren't everything, and everything have their unique set of talents and skills that they can use in their own unique ways!
Graduated from high school in 2012 with atar of 99.55.

Currently doing MSc in Physics at UoM researching on Quantum Computers.

Offering group lessons for Unit 3/4 VCE Methods and Physics for 2017!

Selling awesome and in-depth study notes for Unit 3 Physics, PM me if interested! :D

Writer/Tutor at (Nerd of Passion)!
Connect with me on Facebook!