Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:14:45 am

Author Topic: Post Exam Thoughts!  (Read 26425 times)  Share 

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -18
Re: Post Exam Thoughts!
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:19 pm »
There can be two sides to nearly every point made in Legal Studies. Basically all strengths have a corresponding weakness (and visa versa)

An example of two weaknesses are:

- Parliament is not always sitting therefore cannot make law as the need arises
- However, Parliament can be called back if absolutely necessary to make laws

- Parliament delegates legislative power to unelected subordinate authorities. Therefore they're less likely to reflect the views of the people when they make law.
- However, this saves Parliament's time and means law is being made by bodies who hold special expertise in a particular area.

Hope that helps.

This.

While Parliament is limited by its sitting days, it still can devote the majority of its sitting time to law-making as it is the primary role of Parliament.
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

- John Young, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »
How long were people's responses to question 10?

Also, what recent changes did people suggest in the legal system for question 4 (I think)?

2 1/2 pages for the 10 Marker. I guess my evaluation seemed quite strong, so no need to write more than that.

Recent change to the Legal system:Koori Court
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:05 pm »
You guys do realise that the question: Evaluate two weaknesses of parliament as a law maker; means to look at the strengths and weaknesses of a two weaknesses right?

HAHHA....thank god I did that :) EVALUATION PEOPLE!

Can you explain exactly how does a weakness have a strength??? If it had a strength it wouldnt be a weakness.

Consider the role of the upper house. The upper house's role is to act as a house of review. The upper house scrutinizes the government (the political party with a majority in the lower House) and its bills, hence the Parliament is a place for 'robust' debate so that bills can be further improved.  This is quite good due to it serving as a check on the government. (strength)
On the other hand, if the political party with a majority in the lower house also has a majority in the upper house, the upper house tends to be a rubber stamp, merely confirming the actions of the lower house. Thus, the government bills of the day may not truly be scrutinized in the upper house due to it being a rubber stamp. Opposition party input may easily dismissed aka its attempt to scrutinize the government bills. It's bad as there's not much preventing the government from passing bills which are considered a bit too radical. (weakness)

nmonogamy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2011, 02:23:46 pm »
i did a really silly mistake in the exams.. i started off with the extended response first and i accidently skipped 2 pages of writing space and continued my answer after those 2 pages which was on the extra writing space area.. it was just the continue of my extended response... i didnt label the question i asked the examinor if they would look at it, he said they wouldnt miss it... but i didnt label it.. do you think they would consider it? if yes my study score is safe if not im doomed lol.... my examinor said they would..

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
i did a really silly mistake in the exams.. i started off with the extended response first and i accidently skipped 2 pages of writing space and continued my answer after those 2 pages which was on the extra writing space area.. it was just the continue of my extended response... i didnt label the question i asked the examinor if they would look at it, he said they wouldnt miss it... but i didnt label it.. do you think they would consider it? if yes my study score is safe if not im doomed lol.... my examinor said they would..

You'd still be pretty lucky if they did miss it...Consider the mistakes I have made in the English Exam: I did not write down the number of script books used for each task (which I probably had to do) AND I messed up the Text Response script book in that I scribbled out everything I wrote on the first page and did not properly label that I started again on the second page. It sucks as English will be in one of my top 4 subjects when the ATAR is calculated..

nmonogamy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »

You'd still be pretty lucky if they did miss it...Consider the mistakes I have made in the English Exam: I did not write down the number of script books used for each task (which I probably had to do) AND I messed up the Text Response script book in that I scribbled out everything I wrote on the first page and did not properly label that I started again on the second page. It sucks as English will be in one of my top 4 subjects when the ATAR is calculated..
soo what dp you think they would do?? cause it would be pretty obvious that it was a continue on of the extended respose question which was the last question as well............... and i asked the examinor if they would check it he reassureed me they would... if they dont i would tell vcca that he said i didnt need to label etc... :( I am really counting on my legal studies score... :'(

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2011, 12:14:34 am »

soo what dp you think they would do?? cause it would be pretty obvious that it was a continue on of the extended respose question which was the last question as well............... and i asked the examinor if they would check it he reassureed me they would... if they dont i would tell vcca that he said i didnt need to label etc... :( I am really counting on my legal studies score... :'(

Well I'm not saying they will miss it. In fact, two people will mark your exam and they will very likely check the whole script book. Even if one examiner misses it but the second does notice the the continuation of your extended response, they'll get a third examiner to assess your exam given  that there will likely be a significant difference in the mark allocation between what the first two examiners gave you (eg. the first examiner will mark you down since he wasn't aware of the continuation of the response, whereas the second examiner did take your continuation into account due him noticing the continuation.

If that happens, they'll get a third assessor who will then make sure that everything will be assessed to bring about a consistency in the marking between two assessors. They'll simply ignore the marking of the first one who didn't notice. You see, they have a few procedures in dealing with the way an exam is marked.

------> Either way, I'm quite confident that the examiners were told beforehand to flip through the whole script book to ensure that all of your writing will be assessed.  DON'T STRESS!!!

nmonogamy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2011, 10:46:40 am »

Well I'm not saying they will miss it. In fact, two people will mark your exam and they will very likely check the whole script book. Even if one examiner misses it but the second does notice the the continuation of your extended response, they'll get a third examiner to assess your exam given  that there will likely be a significant difference in the mark allocation between what the first two examiners gave you (eg. the first examiner will mark you down since he wasn't aware of the continuation of the response, whereas the second examiner did take your continuation into account due him noticing the continuation.

If that happens, they'll get a third assessor who will then make sure that everything will be assessed to bring about a consistency in the marking between two assessors. They'll simply ignore the marking of the first one who didn't notice. You see, they have a few procedures in dealing with the way an exam is marked.

------> Either way, I'm quite confident that the examiners were told beforehand to flip through the whole script book to ensure that all of your writing will be assessed.  DON'T STRESS!!!
soo do you think theres a chance they will mark it even though i didnt label the question as a continue on of the last question ? :) alright this made me feel abit better thanks

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:49 am »
So apparently my Legal teacher had a dream last night that I'd get a 45 SS. Highly unlikely though as I missed the media question.

My best bet is between 37-40 :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:01:41 pm by selim31 »

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:33 am »

soo do you think theres a chance they will mark it even though i didnt label the question as a continue on of the last question ? :) alright this made me feel abit better thanks

Yes :)