Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:19:41 pm

Author Topic: Post Exam Thoughts!  (Read 26424 times)  Share 

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -18
Re: Post Exam Thoughts!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 06:47:13 pm »
+1
Has anyone else put ice on their hand...cuz it hurts???
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

- John Young, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria.

elisekatherine

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 06:53:53 pm »
I had 15 minutes to spare, and I did all the questions.

I mainly got stuck on the weaknesses of parliament one and the extended response. I had to read the er 5 times before getting it.

And again, I'm in Year 11, and one of the examiner's came up to me at the start of writing time, after I had written the actual numbers of the student id, and said "Sweetheart, you need to write the actual numbers". :)

damo707

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Mazenod College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »
+3
how do you finish 15 minutes early...
2010: Religion and Society [40]->41 | International Studies [35]->38

2011: English | Mathematical Methods (CAS) | Economics | Legal Studies | Business Management

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »
Question: the ER was an evaluation of the Jury, right? +outline role of VLRC?
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

Tragesty

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
  • School: Wheelers Hill Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 06:59:52 pm »
I finished ten minutes early - wish I had gone to the last couple minutes, could have written more, but stayed safe and went over my responses.

My friend answered all questions and filled up a page of the extra lines  - I was just staring at him all like 'dammmmn'

^ to the above, that's what I did.

Wazzup

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 07:00:50 pm »
+5
Hahahahah I did the same thing elisekatherine (I'm in year 11 too) ROFL

Best experience doing a yr 12 in yr 11!!

Exam was good but the access question was pretty ... you know
and the RODD question.. I realised its rodd like 20-30 mins to go lool

Time killed me.. didnt stop writing for even 10 seconds rooofl

AND THANK YOU ATAR NOTES COMMUNITY FOR SAMPLE ANSWERS AND CLARIFICATIONS!:)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:02:45 pm by Wazzup »

lukew

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 07:01:13 pm »
Is the juries act amendment 2000, whereby the right to be excused as a right was removed, thus allowing a more effective cross section of the community, an acceptable answer to the 2 mark recent change?

Sounds good to me. I incorporated the Koori Court into my answer, enabling a fairer legal system.

I felt like I hadn't answered anything related to non english speaking backgrounds so I went with that,

On that note, did everyone use case examples?! I felt like I only had to use 2, abortion for the role of VLRC, and Tasmanian Dams for impact of divisoin of law making powers. I dunno, I felt like I missed out a lot of content in the exam, and I should have used more, but didn't know when to use them.

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »
I finished ten minutes early - wish I had gone to the last couple minutes, could have written more, but stayed safe and went over my responses.

My friend answered all questions and filled up a page of the extra lines  - I was just staring at him all like 'dammmmn'

You think that's bad hahaha my friend finished 40 minutes early and I think he used up all the script books the lady had hahahaha
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato

lukew

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »
+1
Thank god every other year 11 did the word thing that I did, now I don't feel like such a dumbass. The supervisor was so patronising when she explained, she pointed at the word and asked if I could spell the word 'one'.

I was raging on the inside.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
+3

You think that's bad hahaha my friend finished 40 minutes early and I think he used up all the script books the lady had hahahaha

WTF?

Tragesty

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
  • School: Wheelers Hill Secondary College
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:01 pm »
Here's hoping the marker doesn't mind me using the juries act amendment - I KNEW recent changes for aboriginals (koori county court) but for some reason, just put that, ugh, less confident now.

Yeah after coming out of the exam I felt like so much knowledge just left hanging. I didn't even talk about high court interpretation (brislan, tasmanian dam) as I choose referendums for division of power discussion.

Who else, in their evaluation of role of the judge, talked about the inquis. as comparison just cause they knew it and wanted to shove it in?

Ahahah at the year 11s and the words, glad I wasn't the only one.

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:46 pm »

WTF?
Some people just work well under pressure I guess :D btw I was exaggerating about the script books LOLOLOLOLOL
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato

Wazzup

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:54 pm »
I actually made a mistake I wrote zero for 6 coz i was so drained! lol

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »
Here's hoping the marker doesn't mind me using the juries act amendment - I KNEW recent changes for aboriginals (koori county court) but for some reason, just put that, ugh, less confident now.

Yeah after coming out of the exam I felt like so much knowledge just left hanging. I didn't even talk about high court interpretation (brislan, tasmanian dam) as I choose referendums for division of power discussion.

Who else, in their evaluation of role of the judge, talked about the inquis. as comparison just cause they knew it and wanted to shove it in?

Ahahah at the year 11s and the words, glad I wasn't the only one.

The referendum killed me. Spent like a 15 Mins on this, but that's cuz I explained this using an example. Still probably getting full marks for this one.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 07:11:30 pm »
Bahhh, hated doing the comparison between ADRs and judicial determination - it was torture.