Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 03:38:47 am

Author Topic: GAT tips  (Read 51043 times)

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: GAT tips
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2012, 10:50:56 pm »
Also, do you normally do doing the reading time? Should i think of the how to go about writing the essays, or is it worth visually scanning through the entire handout to get a feel for it and quickly distinguish the 'easier'questions so that they can be knocked out of the way early on.

- Whats you're game plan?

Think about essays imo, then go to MCQs

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »
+9
Also, do you normally do doing the reading time? Should i think of the how to go about writing the essays, or is it worth visually scanning through the entire handout to get a feel for it and quickly distinguish the 'easier'questions so that they can be knocked out of the way early on.

As the questions deal with science, humanities AND language, it is essential to have a deep moment of reflection so you are in a mindset ready to answer these tough questions. Your train of thought should be along the lines of:

- Is this the real life?
- Or is this just fantasy?
- Caught in the landslide?
- No escape from reality?

And then you should open your eyes, look up to the sky and see.
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

Surgeon

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Determined to score a 50 in English.
  • Respect: +2
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »

As the questions deal with science, humanities AND language, it is essential to have a deep moment of reflection so you are in a mindset ready to answer these tough questions. Your train of thought should be along the lines of:

- Is this the real life?
- Or is this just fantasy?
- Caught in the landslide?
- No escape from reality?

And then you should open your eyes, look up to the sky and see.

I'm just a poor boy.. I need no sympathy...
Aspiring doctor. Why? For the same four reasons as everybody else. Chicks, money, power and chicks.

astone788

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -1
  • School: Mordialloc College
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 10:59:38 pm »
interesting. plant the seeds early on (observe and question the content) and go from there. Alternatively, just answer the damn question!

Soul_Khan

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2012, 12:14:04 am »
Have you any of you guys studied for it? Would I be at a disadvantage if I haven't studied for it (done past GAT papers).. I done it last year and went alright in it. Should I just focus on improving my technique of reading/answering the question?

Ty for the help.
2012 ATAR: 52.50
#swag #yolo #basedgod

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2012, 12:16:08 am »
+3
Have you any of you guys studied for it? Would I be at a disadvantage if I haven't studied for it (done past GAT papers).. I done it last year and went alright in it. Should I just focus on improving my technique of reading/answering the question?

Ty for the help.

Haha, in all seriousness, the GAT does NOT need to be studied for :) You're at no disadvantage, so don't stress!

Just focus on the questions, read the essay stuff first (to get some ideas getting created) and do the best you can :)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »
+6
If year elevens are still looking for GAT tips, maybe for next year, here is an example of a full marks piece, credit to my sister - year 11 (this girl is your competition, guys)

The thing about Mt everest is its GAT low oxygen. You GATta take an oxygen tank with you. If I were you, Id be taking GATorade too.You GATta take your own food and shelter. The summit is 8488m, GAT's really high y'know! Theres only so many people GAT have GATten to the top, a figure GAT has increased since people got better GATgets and technology.
Thinking about Mt everest GATs me really excited. Imagine GATing to the top after GAT many days of anticipation. GAT's a big achievement man! The people to first get to the summit were Sheripa Tenning NorGAT and Edmund Hilary. They GAT an award for their efforts. Mt. Everest is in Nepal, neighbour to afGATistan. George Mallory believes we want to climb Everest, 'cause we GATta do something GAT's worthwhile. GATs all folks, laters AliGATors! xo
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

ninwa

• Respect: +1021
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2012, 02:33:40 pm »
+1
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

ThyJovan

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Ain't no fortunate son.
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »
+1
Majority of the math questions had me going

2012: English [37] | Literature [34] | History: Revolutions [43] | Legal Studies [37] | Business Management [36] | Media [41]

ATAR: 91.05

2013-2017: Law/Arts at LaTrobe University - Bundoora