Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:06:40 am

Author Topic: Am I eligible for Monash Guarantee and Access Melbourne?  (Read 1737 times)  Share 

ahnafamer

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: BoxHill High school
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Am I eligible for Monash Guarantee and Access Melbourne?
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:34:22 pm »
Hey guys! I'm a hopeful year 12 and am a bit confused about these two programs. I was born in Bangladesh ( a non English speaking country), moved to Adelaide at the age of 3 and attained my Australian citizenship in 2008. In 2008, I soon moved back to Bangladesh and moved back to Australia (Melbourne this time!) in February 2015. What ponders me is that both of the programs cites that individuals have to had "arrived in Australia after the 1st of January 2012" in order to be eligible for the non-english speaker scheme. Any information, or tips would be greatly appreciated as this program can help me get into my dream course!

Cheers

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Am I eligible for Monash Guarantee and Access Melbourne?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:42:14 pm »
+1
Hey guys! I'm a hopeful year 12 and am a bit confused about these two programs. I was born in Bangladesh ( a non English speaking country), moved to Adelaide at the age of 3 and attained my Australian citizenship in 2008. In 2008, I soon moved back to Bangladesh and moved back to Australia (Melbourne this time!) in February 2015. What ponders me is that both of the programs cites that individuals have to had "arrived in Australia after the 1st of January 2012" in order to be eligible for the non-english speaker scheme. Any information, or tips would be greatly appreciated as this program can help me get into my dream course!

Cheers

I can't seem to see the non-English speaker scheme for the Monash Guarantee, reckon you could link it for me?

As for Access Melbourne, your situation is a little unique. My gut reaction, however, is that since you became a citizen prior to 2012, they won't consider you despite going back to Bangladesh.

However, to make sure, you'll have to ask Melbourne directly by emailing or calling up. There should be information on their website to help you with that. :)

ahnafamer

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: BoxHill High school
  • School Grad Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:52:54 pm »
https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/204579/monash-guarantee-seas-brochure-2018.pdf

It should be on the second page :) Ohh no thats a shame :( , thank you for the suggestion though! I'll talk to my careers advisor as soon as I can

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:49:35 am »
https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/204579/monash-guarantee-seas-brochure-2018.pdf

It should be on the second page :) Ohh no thats a shame :( , thank you for the suggestion though! I'll talk to my careers advisor as soon as I can

Ahhh yes, there was some slight confusion - Monash have explained it badly. You can get special consideration if you're a non-English speaker, but this is different to the Monash Guarantee. Either way, I believe you'd be disqualified for the same reason, although it doesn't hurt to ring them up and double check.