Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 07:42:12 pm

Author Topic: Enrolment Inquiry  (Read 948 times)  Share 

anhb

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Enrolment Inquiry
« on: January 16, 2018, 11:46:09 pm »
Got into Melbourne Uni and accepted my offer, but do I need to enrol to make sure I have my spot? It's because it's asking for my subjects but I'm not 100 percent sure which ones and how choosing works! (like I accepted by closing date, but do I also have to enrol) Let me know thanks!

Also can someone explain what SA-Help is?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Enrolment Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:12 pm »
+1
Answers to your two questions:

but do I need to enrol to make sure I have my spot?
Yes, enrol as soon as you can. You can always withdraw if you accept a 2nd round offer (as long as it is done before the "census date"). You guarantee yourself a spot in the course once you enrol. If you wait and leave it to chance, there's a chance you won't get a spot in it (this means your offer will "lapse").

Also can someone explain what SA-Help is?
Each year all students at universities pay a fee called a Student Services and Amenities Fee (or equivalent). This is usually around the ~$250 mark per year but it varies. This is separate to HECS-HELP, as HECS-HELP is for your course tuition fees (e.g. price for each subject you do). If you sign up to this, the yearly fee will be added onto your HECS debt, meaning no upfront fees there as well!
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Enrolment Inquiry
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:58:17 pm »
Just adding on to Aaron's post here. You can ask for a booklet on SA-HELP or, alternatively, you can check this handy dandy link for some clarification from the government, who are the ones who you do the HECS loan with if your degree is a CSP (Commonwealth Supported Place) spot.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread