Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 04:53:16 pm

Author Topic: MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM (How I got in MHS)  (Read 1183 times)  Share 

Shxh

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM (How I got in MHS)
« on: October 13, 2019, 07:42:25 pm »
Okay so on August 7th around 10pm, I GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE SELECTIVE ENTRY UNIT, AND I OPENED THE EMAIL AND WHEN I READ THE PART “I AM PLEASED TO ADVISE” I WAS ECSTATIC. However when I read the part where it said “Nossal High School” my dreams of going to MHS crushed, the determined optimistic part of me died. I spent the rest of the night bawling my eyes out in my room, knowing how hard I had worked for this. The next day (August Eight), my mum called me while I was on the bus and she told me that I had gotten a principals Discretionary Category offer from Melbourne High! I thought this was an instant offer to MHS... well...... I was wrong. I went to Hendersons for my help with the application and I was pretty confident with my application form so I sent it to MHS. However, on August 25, Monday I had received the email from Melbourne High saying that I was unsuccessful. At this point I HAD LOST ALL HOPE, SCHOOLING AT MY CURRENT SCHOOL WAS NO LONGER ENJOYABLE. However I did accept the offer from nossal and learnt to work with what I got. I did some research about Nossal and I was actually impressed of how it was actually a good school. Eventually I completely forgot about MHS and I was super excited about nossal, and on Monday, 7 October (FIRST DAY OF TERM 4), 9:22 am I received an email from the selective entry unit, AND IT SAID THAT I HAD RECEIVED A LATE OFFER PLACE AT MELBOURNE HIGH SCHOOL. I WAS SO HAPPY, BUT I WAS SAD ABOUT REJECTING NOSSAL.

Moral of the Story: For those of you who have got your 2nd or 3rd preference DONT BE CLOSED MINDED, all selective schools are very good, and do some research about the school you got into and you have to learn to work with what you got. Now I am going to MHS next year and using my experience as motivation to study very hard for the competition ahead at MHS :). Good luck to all of you!!

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
Re: MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM (How I got in MHS)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 08:16:46 pm »
Hi everyone,

I didn’t get a place into any of the selective schools and after months of getting frustrated I decided to start studying for year 10 entry and jmss. So even if you do not get into a selective there is always another way and the only exam that is important is vce. It doesn’t matter if your in a selective or not everyone does vce and in the end it matters what you get in Vce.