Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:53:43 am

Author Topic: Test to press horror  (Read 1049 times)  Share 

Ninjamagics

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Test to press horror
« on: November 16, 2018, 04:07:32 pm »
Well, going into my methods 1&2 exam I dropped my Cas and I sat down to use my cas to find it was locked in press to test mode, que the worst 2 hours of my life wasting time on solving, so my question is a) can you get out of press to test mode without a pc, b) how did I get in press to test and c) do you need an S on an exam, cheers

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Test to press horror
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 04:31:24 pm »
Well, going into my methods 1&2 exam I dropped my Cas and I sat down to use my cas to find it was locked in press to test mode, que the worst 2 hours of my life wasting time on solving, so my question is a) can you get out of press to test mode without a pc, b) how did I get in press to test and c) do you need an S on an exam, cheers
A quick google gives this...
To end Press-to-Test mode:

Connect the device to another handheld or computer Navigate to My Documents.

On a TI-Nspire™ with Touchpad or CX handheld

Press and release DOC
Select 9 to exit Press-to-Test
Source...
As for getting into it, I believe that if you hold down the ESC and HOME keys simultaneously and then press the ON button, it will start in test-to-press mode.

I'm pretty sure that an S is required, but you should be able to get one from your Sacs throughout the year.

Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Ninjamagics

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 04:36:13 pm »
+1
unfortunately, this doesnt help anyone stuck in an exam or sac but thx for the help, Ive got around 80% to 90% on my sacs so I hope ill get an S, I also told my teacher who replied "ohhhhh damn, feels bad" a suitable response I think

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:03:29 pm »
+3
As long as you have met the outcomes as per the study design, you will receive an S for the unit. Given SACs are designed to demonstrate competency in each outcome, I would say that passing each of your SACs would warrant an S for the unit.

Policies for promotion to the next year level are made at the school-level, so ultimately not getting a pass on your exam may or may not have consequences... really depends on your school. In most cases, not passing the exam won't give you an N (or at the bare minimum, you should be given a redemption equivalent in order to demonstrate the outcome - if the exam is the assessment for it).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:06:30 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile