Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:59:09 pm

Author Topic: Late offers?  (Read 10198 times)  Share 

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
Late offers?
« on: August 08, 2019, 05:35:50 pm »
I got into nossal this year, but had to decline as the travel time exceeds what is necessary. I really want to get accepted into schs :( . Just wondering, does anyone know what time the late offers will come out? and how common it is to get a late offer ^ hehe i’m desperate

someone5643

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Late offers?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 05:40:22 pm »
I got into nossal this year, but had to decline as the travel time exceeds what is necessary. I really want to get accepted into schs :( . Just wondering, does anyone know what time the late offers will come out? and how common it is to get a late offer ^ hehe i’m desperate
I think they come out if you're next in line and they come out at any time between august 9th and November 29th

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 05:45:32 pm »
+1
Tbh I don’t get ur shit, u put SCHS as first preference and nossal as second and got in nossal, but nossal is harder to get in then SCHS. I think u should recheck ur preferences, good luck and I hope to see u next year

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:46:23 pm »
if you don’t get a pd, is there a chance you’re going to get a late offer?

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:02:00 pm »
Definitely, So a friend of mine, got a pd and he failed the interview, and 9 days later he got a 2nd round offer.
Oof
I think if you get first round pd then you'll definitely get second round offer
This is just the trend I've spotted from what other people have said

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 07:06:58 pm »
Oof
I think if you get first round pd then you'll definitely get second round offer
This is just the trend I've spotted from what other people have said
so if I don’t get a pd to a school a want, does that mean i have a low chance of getting second round offers?

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 07:24:55 pm »
so if I don’t get a pd to a school a want, does that mean i have a low chance of getting second round offers?
no probably not because generally first round pd is when you would have been accepted but you didnt receive an offer bc of 5% rule
So you still have a chance of getting in afterwards
Tbh tho you'll just need to wait until actual results come out to know how likely your chances are of getting in

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 11:35:03 am »

i rlly hope you get a late offer :(
i got into schs and i wanna see some ppl from this forum next year yk
 im sure many ppl will reject schs because of its location (its not far for me tho, since i live in the western suburbs) so there’s still hope.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:40:15 am by academiicc »
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ATAR goal: 95

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 12:53:32 pm »
 im sure many ppl will reject schs because of its location (its not far for me tho, since i live in the western suburbs) so there’s still hope.
yeah thats true, ik several people who have rejected schs bc of the location its pretty common

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 04:34:56 pm »
Thank you! I hope I do too.
Hope to see you next year (or not)
:)

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:56 pm »
I got rejected.
I went to the same tutor with my friend, and we did practice exams together. We got the same results, and i even got scores higher than him.
In the end, my friend got in, and I got rejected ;(. I probably won't have any second or late offers ;(
I kind of took it upon myself to stop hoping for a late offer and start taking action for year 10 entry. I’ve been in the same situation as you, where my friend actually got lower scores than me in tutor but made it into schs, despite being in a more competitive environment (maybe the cohort was bigger but eh). Don’t worry, because every rejection you get is a gateway to new opportunities :) (gosh that was cheesy)
GL! And keep your eyes peeled for late offers!

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 09:55:56 pm »
eh I come from a pretty competitive school where we need like 4 sups to get into mhs/macrob and always knew if I ever got accepted into macrob it would never be first round

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 03:44:06 pm »
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if any of you know if you are able to get a second round offer while also having a PD, like for MGHS, for example, if you are applying for a PD currently (I am) is it possible to also get a second round offer? Or are second round offers for other people all together?

Thanks  :)

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 03:48:34 pm »
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if any of you know if you are able to get a second round offer while also having a PD, like for MGHS, for example, if you are applying for a PD currently (I am) is it possible to also get a second round offer? Or are second round offers for other people all together?

Thanks  :)
Same I wanted to know the same thing
:)

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 03:55:57 pm »
Also, is there any way to tell if you’re higher up, or like really close to getting a second round offer? Like the time you got the PD email or anything like that?