Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:14:09 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378374 times)  Share 

yvngblxd

• Adventurer
  • currently in yr 9
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1050 on: June 19, 2019, 08:02:49 pm »
+1
I know so many people that have been practicing this hard, are they just doing unnecessary work or did I not do enough?

i havent really studied either so dw were in this together :'(

bambiiiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #1051 on: June 19, 2019, 08:18:38 pm »
don't worry, 400 out of 940 people will past the test, the most intense part is the interview. Do you even see 100 people here? we are the people that truly care about JMSS, many people around me, in my school or co-curricular that registered for JMSS doesn't even revise much or care much about it. I believe most of us will pass here, due to the fact that many of our competitors are going to selective entries.  If you had sufficient scientific knowledge, where a science person usually learns stuff in free time, don't worry, go for it. You might need to revise math, do some numeracy and scientific writing practice ( what I'm currently doing today), what people say are not 100% true, don't stress, studying on exams for 5 or more hours, which is similar to the 14 hours of studying per day in China, is pretty unnecessary.

Thank u so much, i wish u the best and hope you make it in

bambiiiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #1052 on: June 19, 2019, 08:45:01 pm »
i havent really studied either so dw were in this together :'(
I'm sure you will get in, all the best

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #1053 on: June 19, 2019, 08:50:21 pm »
+1
Thank u so much, I wish u the best and hope you make it in
For me, I have different experiences distinct from any of you. I'm from China 8 months ago, from endless exam-preparation-study, which give me an advantage. The thing that I feel bad about is English 9(I even need Grammarly o to help me for spelling and grammar while I write this forum), I never got good grades in English, but I usually did well on mathematics and science. Fortunately, Unlike the selective entrance test that contains verbal reasoning and reading comprehension (likely to fail because of limited vocabulary), the JMSS test have scientific reasoning and scientific writing, which is a huge advantage for me, and I will not "vanquish without a fight" and I've been to co-curricular that specialized for this type (EduTest). For years, I have been looking for a science/math-focused school.
 I think I might pass the JMSS test and hopefully, we can sit down and do some science there. If I really succeed, I think I will break a record in VIC for these people from non English-speaking countries.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1054 on: June 19, 2019, 08:56:36 pm »
damm you seem really talented; if you get in are you gonna sign up for Methods? Maybe we could even be in the same class  ;D

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1055 on: June 19, 2019, 09:01:00 pm »
The thing that I feel bad about is English 9(I even need Grammarly o to help me for spelling and grammar while I write this forum), I never got good grades in English, but I usually did well on mathematics and science.
 I think I might pass the JMSS test and hopefully, we can sit down and do some science there. If I really succeed, I think I will break a record in VIC for these people from non English-speaking countries.
how high are you getting for ur tests?

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1056 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:49 pm »
oh by the way does anyone want a link to the 2020 prospectus i found a leaked one online dont know if its real or not tho

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1057 on: June 19, 2019, 09:36:47 pm »
oh by the way does anyone want a link to the 2020 prospectus i found a leaked one online dont know if its real or not tho
sure pm me

in ur school are people studying a lot for jmss or are they like,u know, chill about  it???? cos my school is serious about the test.

bambiiiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #1058 on: June 19, 2019, 09:47:25 pm »
hahah yes please, that'd be very nice.

bambiiiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #1059 on: June 19, 2019, 09:49:22 pm »
For me, I have different experiences distinct from any of you. I'm from China 8 months ago, from endless exam-preparation-study, which give me an advantage. The thing that I feel bad about is English 9(I even need Grammarly o to help me for spelling and grammar while I write this forum), I never got good grades in English, but I usually did well on mathematics and science. Fortunately, Unlike the selective entrance test that contains verbal reasoning and reading comprehension (likely to fail because of limited vocabulary), the JMSS test have scientific reasoning and scientific writing, which is a huge advantage for me, and I will not "vanquish without a fight" and I've been to co-curricular that specialized for this type (EduTest). For years, I have been looking for a science/math-focused school.
But u still have to write in English for the essay. I hope you do very good on it though!

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1060 on: June 19, 2019, 10:26:46 pm »
sure pm me

in ur school are people studying a lot for jmss or are they like,u know, chill about  it???? cos my school is serious about the test.

at my school we’re pretty big and around 5 people could get in (3% rule) but it’s literally just me and one other dude though we’ve been studying a lot from my perspective i wouldn’t say completely serious 24/7 kinda stuff though

fibssggloss

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1061 on: June 19, 2019, 11:12:43 pm »

Yupppp,,, pls pm it :))

I don\'t know

• Adventurer
  • n
« Reply #1062 on: June 19, 2019, 11:14:51 pm »
Hey guys,
The test is so close and I feel so unprepared. I'm like average at everything but I studied so hard since January but just suck, especially writing and numerical reasoning. I feel like I'm not gonna even finish the essays on time. Is the numerical reasoning really hard? Is it harder than the year 9 selective entrance?
Will there be like bearing questions or like advanced quadratics for maths?

Thanks, smh, i'm gonna fail this shit but I wanna get in so bad.

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1063 on: June 20, 2019, 10:06:07 am »
Hey guys,
The test is so close and I feel so unprepared. I'm like average at everything but I studied so hard since January but just suck, especially writing and numerical reasoning. I feel like I'm not gonna even finish the essays on time. Is the numerical reasoning really hard? Is it harder than the year 9 selective entrance?
Will there be like bearing questions or like advanced quadratics for maths
Me too lol, don’t stress and do your best. It’s not necessarily so hard. Just watch the time and finish everything on time. Actually I have just started revision( Test preparation) this week. If you have sufficient knowledge, a few days of exam preparation is sufficient ( 1 or 2 days per subject), do some practice and correct the stuff you did wrong. And , have a few days of good time, don’t drain your brain. This is what I think, plus, be confident. We might meet there and discuss science there next year.
You usually have to skip a few questions in a numeral Test. I don’t know what is in math, but from the experience of selective entrance, the hardest is just some quadratic algebra, and some trigonometry, basically year 10 stuff, and I don’t think there will be calculus involved. Harder math is actually an advantage for me. And anyone actually have some tips for the writing? I’m concerned about it, shall I apply my knowledge into it?

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1064 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:54 am »
at my school we’re pretty  big and around 5 people could get in (3% rule) but it’s literally just me and one other dude though we’ve been studying a lot from my perspective i wouldn’t say completely serious 24/7 kinda stuff though
I’m currently in WSC, where most people are satisfied with the current school, people that dissatisfied mostly choose the Suzanne Cory (3 people in class), but I’m the only one in this class that seriously prepares for JMSS( we literally need to travel 50 km to there), no more than 10 in the whole year level, and I have math and science knowledge better than most people in my class, plus I had 8 months of co-curriculum class aimed for this type of test. But since my competitors come from all over VIC, I’m still nervous about it. 8)