Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 01:57:38 pm

Author Topic: VN members @ Monash University '09  (Read 16256 times)  Share 

costargh

Re: VN members @ Monash University '09
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:54 pm »
Yeh I agree with Kairubin. As far as I know you don't actually have any association The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia from just graduating from University. Completing the required subjects at University only allows you to fill one of the requirements that is needed to start the Chartered Accountants Program.

One question: do we pay for the Chartered Accountants Program or does our employer?

Flaming_Arrow

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 11:49:01 pm »
Yeh I agree with Kairubin. As far as I know you don't actually have any association The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia from just graduating from University. Completing the required subjects at University only allows you to fill one of the requirements that is needed to start the Chartered Accountants Program.

One question: do we pay for the Chartered Accountants Program or does our employer?

i think the employer does
2010: Commerce @ UoM

Kairubin

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 12:01:35 pm »

Not sure. I'll ask a friend whos doing the program

star_90

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 04:52:20 pm »
Bachelor of Nursing and rural health practice

-- gippsland campus
--majors-don't know
why? because monash is the only uni to offer rural health as part of nursing--extending nursing to four years

hard

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 05:53:45 pm »
don't just need work experience for that?

Nah. When you grad from uni with Acc you're a AICAA (Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia). To get to the highest position FICAA (fellow) you need to study additional years to get it. :)
Actually thats incorrect. After 3 years of additional study you become a CA (Standard). Then after like 10 years. You can apply to become an FCA (Fellow)

P.s Applexy GO MACS :)
wtf so you need to study for 4+3+10 = 17 years to become a FCA?????? wtf, also why is it so special to become a fellow? do you get paid more?

Kairubin

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:48 pm »
don't just need work experience for that?

Nah. When you grad from uni with Acc you're a AICAA (Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia). To get to the highest position FICAA (fellow) you need to study additional years to get it. :)
Actually thats incorrect. After 3 years of additional study you become a CA (Standard). Then after like 10 years. You can apply to become an FCA (Fellow)

P.s Applexy GO MACS :)
wtf so you need to study for 4+3+10 = 17 years to become a FCA?????? wtf, also why is it so special to become a fellow? do you get paid more?

No no. you study for 3+3 = 6 Years. You get the title of a CA. Then you must be a CA for a minimum of 10 Years. Then you may be up for fellowship. And they don't have to give it to you. So 6 years of study 16 years to become a fellow at the earliest.

Not sure. I'll ask a friend whos doing the program

You do need to pay some fees.
However generally if you get picked up by one of the big firms they'll pay everything for you
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:59:11 pm by Kairubin »

costargh

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 10:14:16 pm »
pwc for me and ill  happy for life.

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 10:22:39 pm »
fuck CAing then dude. Acc was just a stepping stone to finance. In 10 years, ill prolly be in Macquarie Bank if I work hard enough (or Citigroup) <3

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »
BSc/BE(chem) at clayton. Majoring in maths/physics/chemical engineering.

and Monash just is awesome. :)
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

hard

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 11:01:43 pm »
BSc/BE(chem) at clayton. Majoring in maths/physics/chemical engineering.

and Monash just is awesome. :)
omggggggggggggggg you sick kunt! yesss more chemical engineers woot

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 11:29:47 pm »
I'm not going to Monash, but these are why Monash is the best uni ever.

Anything that you can easily put up your sleeves and make you feel like a badass is instant win in my books. Does anybody know where I can get more of these? My glorious circles are starting to lose their shape. :(

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 11:34:14 pm »
- MBBS Unbonded!
- Clayton
- I DON'T KNOW.
- Monash is the best because it's close to Springvale and in Springvale you can get pho :D YUM.  Also better compared to UoM and their model.

Haha, when I get back from placement, we'll go eat pho.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 11:35:46 pm »
Alternativey, you can just do the Graduate Certificate of Chartered Accounting Foundations (off-campus, Deakin) which is a popular one that the Big 4 send non-Accounting grads to. I probably will do this if I end up at a Big 4 firm.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

Kairubin

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 11:53:07 pm »
fuck CAing then dude. Acc was just a stepping stone to finance. In 10 years, ill prolly be in Macquarie Bank if I work hard enough (or Citigroup) <3

Asif you wouldn't want the glory of being a CA. I mean ideally i would want to be a CA of England & Wales but Australia will do :)

costargh

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 12:00:32 am »
LOl applexy just do ur bloody CA