Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 03:36:40 am

Author Topic: what's bachelor of science/science  (Read 3998 times)  Share 

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
Re: what's bachelor of science/science
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 02:01:39 am »
Think of University study not in years but completing a certain number of subjects (credit points) and making sure your subject selection meets the criteria for graduation (completion of core units).

So, for a typical Science single degree student, you'd complete 4 units x 2 semesters x 3 years = 24 subjects.

You can do up to two summer units (some faculties charge you CSP if you're a CSP student, others charge full fee) at an absolute maximum. Most do one. You can overload an unit per semester, with faculty approval. This generally does not happen until second year and also if you've maintained a certain (generally Distinction / Credit) average.

This will mean that you can complete your course about one semester quicker (1 unit x 2 summer semester (end of 1st and end of 2nd) and two overloaded semesters = 4 units). That being said, you're gonna be a zombie afterwards.

You can also take a reduced load and extend your degree. If you do 0.75 EFTSL per year (3 units a semester as Fyrefly is doing), your 3 year degree will take 4.

Like I say, the easiest way to look at course lengths is how many units/credit points you need to have. Then add on the fact that you may be able to overload a unit per semester after first year and take one or two subjects in the summer.

excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 05:45:20 pm »
good explanation

excalibur are you doing bachelor of science? and r u like majoring in all the computer science FIT units? oO
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:49:00 pm by Stefanos »
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

mark_alec

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 09:43:11 pm »
excalibur are you doing bachelor of science? and r u like majoring in all the computer science FIT units? oO
From his signature:
Bachelor of Business Information Systems (IBL Stream)

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 10:15:07 pm »
good explanation

I do BBIS.

Most of my units are the more business-oriented FIT units, but I have taken a few CS units that were in the common core.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 10:55:30 pm »
ah ok cool LOL yeah i didnt c his signature well i dont actually look at them...
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just