Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 07:20:55 am

Author Topic: USYD Future Leaders Scheme  (Read 733 times)

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
USYD Future Leaders Scheme
« on: September 29, 2019, 07:29:57 pm »
Hi
So I've been nominated for the Future Leaders Scheme and I'm confused as to what I need to do?
The instructions say to "place one of the courses available through this pathway as your highest eligible UAC preference". What does this mean? Does that mean an eligible USYD course has to be my number 1 preference? Or does an eligible USYD course only have to be my highest USYD preference, so as long as I don't have another USYD preference, I can be considered for the Future Leaders Scheme if I put an eligible preference as #5?
It says "you will receive notice of what courses you're likely to be eligible for under the Future Leaders Scheme based on a predicted ATAR provided by your school before you sit your HSC exams". Does that mean I can put in an eligible USYD course after I receive my list before the HSC? Or do I need to put in a course right now?
If anyone has done this before, or knows about this scheme, please help!
Thanks

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: USYD Future Leaders Scheme
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 07:54:01 pm »
+4
Hey, 006896!

I got into my course through the Future Leaders Scheme so I've dealt with the funny situation of trying to figure this out myself  :) Basically, you need to place a USYD course to be your number 1 preference for UAC in order for you to be considered.

After your HSC marks and ATAR are out, you can expect an email from UAC about the Future Leaders Scheme if you are successful! They'll give you further instructions to help you with the offer rounds and whatnot. Make sure that your course is eligible for the scheme first and then just put it as your top preference as soon as you know you would like to! You've got some time before the deadline for the main offer rounds which you can check on the UAC website. Hope that helps and good luck!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music