Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:46:17 am

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 4276 times)  Share 

Scoopity_Poop

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help!
« on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »
I am struggling with Section 3 in the UMAT. It is just that it is so hard to finish on time, as I normally get above or on the median grade for MedEntry students. The 3-2 rule can only do so much, so I was wondering, can anyone shed some light on how to 'get good' at Section 3? I was thinking of getting a tutor, because at this rate, I'll take 3 hours to finish Section 3 of the UMAT!

R.I.P Ninja 1991 - 2018, 'Ligma took him away from us...' 

Cassidyhogi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +21
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 06:50:01 pm »
+1
Hi
Have you tried mapping? For Pick the Middle questions in particular, that's a great way of trying to see the pattern.
I suggest that first you identify all the individual elements present in each image.
For Pick The Middle, map  one of the elements and try to find a simple pattern, such as the element moving one position clockwise every time.
For Next in the Sequence, use your finger to follow an element and see how it changes, it might move positions are certain number of times each move, or change colour/orientation every move.
Some times for Next in The Sequence I look at the first two images only and see how each element has changed. I do this again for the second and the third image and see if the changes are consistent.

As to getting better at these questions, you just need to be able to identify patterns and practice doing so in order to answer the questions more easily. Medentry should have a guide on common patterns. Daniel Mills on Youtube also has a good section 3 tutorial if you want to be able to identify patterns more easily.

Hope this helps. All the best
2017 ATAR: 99.30

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Help!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:07:19 pm »
+1
Can not recommend Daniel Mill’s videos enough ^
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects