Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:40:11 am

Author Topic: Timetable  (Read 836 times)  Share 

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
Timetable
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:34:36 pm »
hi

I was creating my timetable, but found that 5 of my lectures were already allocated for me. However, some of these lectures were placed in real inconvinient times for me, will these ones be open to change later on?

Also, a lot of my classes are like this...

start 1pm
finish 2pm
start 2pm

with these, i dont think ill have much time to get there in time. Is this normal and therefore if you are a few minutes late, the lecturers understand? or is it preferred you leave the lecture early in order to get to your next class on time?

thank you so much :)
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Timetable
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 12:40:11 pm »
+3
Is it possible that those are the only lectures available for that subject? If so they could be auto-allocated since you don't really have a choice.

If there are other lecture streams available you could really just go to what you prefer as long as it is the same lecture (as long as they aren't taking attendance).

As for the timeline of having a lecture at 1pm and 2pm that is fine. Even though lectures are allocated from 1pm to 2pm it is actually 1.05pm to 1.55pm. So you have 10 minutes between each lecture.

Also if there is no attendance and it is not compulsory you can watch lectures from home/at the library if you can't make the actual lecture time.

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 12:44:51 pm »
Is it possible that those are the only lectures available for that subject? If so they could be auto-allocated since you don't really have a choice.

If there are other lecture streams available you could really just go to what you prefer as long as it is the same lecture (as long as they aren't taking attendance).

As for the timeline of having a lecture at 1pm and 2pm that is fine. Even though lectures are allocated from 1pm to 2pm it is actually 1.05pm to 1.55pm. So you have 10 minutes between each lecture.

Also if there is no attendance and it is not compulsory you can watch lectures from home/at the library if you can't make the actual lecture time.

Okay, thank you :)
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]

tiredandstressed

• MOTM: DEC 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • pretty without the r (he/him)
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 08:19:42 pm »
+2
1. These lectures are likely the only time slot available so you won't be able to change them hence they have been automatically allocated
2. Most lecturers are very understanding, in UoM all lectures start five minutes late and finish five minutes, so you don't have to stress! I had three lectures back to back and I was usually able to make it to all three just fine.
If you are going to late just try to enter the lecture hall through the back entrance so you don't interrupt the lecturerer- but they are typically nice to first years
3. Your lecturers are most likely recorded so attendance is not necessary, so don't stress!

VCE '17-'18
2017: Biology, Psychology
2018: English, HHD, Chemistry, Methods
2019-22: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) @ UoM
My guides:
A quick guide to language and argument analysis
HHD sample questions
HHD 2019 Comprehensive examiner report analysis

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 12:23:28 pm »
1. These lectures are likely the only time slot available so you won't be able to change them hence they have been automatically allocated
2. Most lecturers are very understanding, in UoM all lectures start five minutes late and finish five minutes, so you don't have to stress! I had three lectures back to back and I was usually able to make it to all three just fine.
If you are going to late just try to enter the lecture hall through the back entrance so you don't interrupt the lecturerer- but they are typically nice to first years
3. Your lecturers are most likely recorded so attendance is not necessary, so don't stress!

That is really good to know thank you (: