Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:56:12 am

Author Topic: Gym/Running/Fitness?  (Read 9278 times)  Share 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Gym/Running/Fitness?
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:31:50 pm »
+2
Are there any nerdy folk on ATAR Notes who are secretly trying to become super-people by getting low-key swole af? Anyone running a few times a week or getting to the gym?

I've been trying to get to the Gym this year but failing pretty shockingly hahaha. Also trying to get into my BJJ gym.... again, failing shockingly. I badly need some accountability  ::)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Gym/Running/Fitness?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:47:35 pm »
+4
Who or what is a swole?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:59:51 pm »
+4
Who or what is a swole?
m8 how are you a linguist that doesn't know what a swole shiv is

(jk) swole is gymtalk for "swollen" or "huge af".

deStudent

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 01:50:13 am »
+1
Who or what is a swole?
He's my brother.

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 12:39:13 pm »
+1
every time i go to the gym, i go for 7-10 days straight and be all healthy and shit and then take like 2 weeks off bc bad sleeping schedule, piles of uni work, part time work and cbf levels increasing to a point of no return
hopefully once uni sem is over i can go everyday or at least 5+ times a week like i used to in high school (except year 12)
Uni and life

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 01:22:32 pm »
+4
every time i go to the gym, i go for 7-10 days straight and be all healthy and shit and then take like 2 weeks off bc bad sleeping schedule, piles of uni work, part time work and cbf levels increasing to a point of no return
hopefully once uni sem is over i can go everyday or at least 5+ times a week like i used to in high school (except year 12)
Hahahaha this is the hardest thing abotu going to gym during uni - I used to do the exact same! Now that I'm working full-time I find it's harder to get to the gym in the first place, but easier to keep going once you get in a set routine (because your time is more predictable than it is in uni).

you just trying to put on size atm? what kind of work are you doing in the gym?

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 08:18:14 pm »
+1
Hahahaha this is the hardest thing abotu going to gym during uni - I used to do the exact same! Now that I'm working full-time I find it's harder to get to the gym in the first place, but easier to keep going once you get in a set routine (because your time is more predictable than it is in uni).

you just trying to put on size atm? what kind of work are you doing in the gym?
hahah im mainly doing weights, specifically a push/pull/legs workout with all other days training whatever body part that isn't that sore or just simply doing some cardio. Trying to put on size, started off at like 55kgs at 14 to 79 now at 18 so all is going well!
Uni and life

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »
+2
hahah im mainly doing weights, specifically a push/pull/legs workout with all other days training whatever body part that isn't that sore or just simply doing some cardio. Trying to put on size, started off at like 55kgs at 14 to 79 now at 18 so all is going well!
Oh that's funny as, I'm just about to start a PPL xD. That's some SERIOUSLY good work though, farout. 24kg over 4 years... huuuge effort. Good work man, keep it up :O

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 10:30:16 pm »
+2
holy crap. when i first read that i thought you were saying you went from a 55kg bench to a 79kg bench but LOL but those gains are ridiculous !! nice stuff

i've been trying to fit gym in but my uni schedule is very erratic so i am lucky to get 3 sessions in a week. i've been doing a lot of body weight stuff (not crossfit!!) like dips and pull ups at the outdoor gym at uni which has been pretty good for maintaining.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 12:38:49 am »
+1
My nearly 6yo brother puts me to shame with regards to running- he's doing cross country and he manages to run faster than I can.
However, I have mastered the art of running rolling down escalators at train stations to catch a train, because the metro timetabling gods basically made it nearly impossible to make the connection between the two trains I catch 😂

That being said, I am a total sloth and I'd rather sleep than exercise/gym :p
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 10:57:48 am »
+2
holy crap. when i first read that i thought you were saying you went from a 55kg bench to a 79kg bench but LOL but those gains are ridiculous !! nice stuff

i've been trying to fit gym in but my uni schedule is very erratic so i am lucky to get 3 sessions in a week. i've been doing a lot of body weight stuff (not crossfit!!) like dips and pull ups at the outdoor gym at uni which has been pretty good for maintaining.
I seriously reckon bodyweight stuff is the whey to go a lot of the time. Like, no bench? Dw. Dips will smash you. And the progression is so natural. A lot of people won't have a natural progressive overload when they train with weights because they'll get to a point that "feels heavy" and think that's what they should be lifting, whereas everybody knows their max dips, and everybody will just keep increasing and increasing their volume of bodyweight exercises over time just because... they can.

Keep at it tho Spectro, If you stuck to three days a week for the next 3 years you'd be swole af :P

My nearly 6yo brother puts me to shame with regards to running- he's doing cross country and he manages to run faster than I can.
However, I have mastered the art of running rolling down escalators at train stations to catch a train, because the metro timetabling gods basically made it nearly impossible to make the connection between the two trains I catch 😂

That being said, I am a total sloth and I'd rather sleep than exercise/gym :p
NO WAY does your 6yo brother outrun you 😂😂😂

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 12:13:16 pm »
NO WAY does your 6yo brother outrun you 😂😂😂
YES WAY!
(but I don't have any video proof lmao 😂😂😂)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 12:30:46 pm »
+1
I don't go to the gym (been meaning to, oops), but I play a lot of sports. I've got a group of mates — about fifteen of us — and we just meet up a fair bit to play whatever we feel like at the time, whether it's rugby, soccer, footy, basketball, or whatever else,
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 12:33:57 pm »
+1
I don't go to the gym (been meaning to, oops), but I play a lot of sports. I've got a group of mates — about fifteen of us — and we just meet up a fair bit to play whatever we feel like at the time, whether it's rugby, soccer, footy, basketball, or whatever else,

Does it make you swole af? #lingo

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 12:45:47 pm »
+2
Does it make you swole af? #lingo
nah fam i'm not swole af bro #hashtag #lingo
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢