Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 07:24:59 pm

Author Topic: Gym thread (2015)  (Read 12571 times)  Share 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Gym thread (2015)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
I was just back in the gym today after taking a break since the 23rd -- mostly because the gym was closed, but I haven't been going for runs or doing exercise of any form over that period. I was really surprised by how drastically my strength had dropped off in that period. Granted, I ate a lot of shit over the Christmas and new years period, but I wasn't expecting to lose 15-20% on basically all my lifts. How long do you reckon it'll take to get back up to form? (I've only been lifting for a year and a bit)

No I got that, it's just I've never heard the term "walking around weight" before  ::)
Yeah this always happens. I think it literally happens to everyone. I used to miss like a week and a half at times if  I had like six assignments due, and it would always really really upset me when I tried to go back and couldn't muster the same efforts. Now for the first two or so sessions I go back with no expectation, just aiming to have fun and do whatever eclectic regimen I feel like. It's normally back to normal insanely quickly.

Oh lol. Is that not a standard thing? *awkward*. It might be fighting sports specific (as people try to make different weight classes, 'walking around weight' is just throughout the day, with some food and water in belly, just 'normal' weight), but I thought it was just a 'thing'.  :-[
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

zyzz101

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 08:38:01 pm »

achre

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 07:37:13 pm »
I've made plenty of strength gains in the past two years, so the only goal I'm setting for myself in 2015 is to get down to 8%bf or lower. I don't think that should take a whole year, but who knows.
ha
haha
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahah
oh, lord

On the plus side, I hit a 2xbw squat earlier today, so I'm feeling ecstatic. How's everyone else tracking along?

Adequace

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 7-1 never forget.
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 08:03:47 pm »
I only weight train for an accessory for track. I don't really go for 1RMs, never really tried  :P