Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:01:26 pm

Author Topic: Anyone living in new Monash Halls?  (Read 2245 times)  Share 

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Anyone living in new Monash Halls?
« on: September 27, 2016, 01:55:33 am »
Hello everyone,

I am currently living in one of the older halls and since the returning resident applications are opening soon, I was just wondering whether anyone here living at new halls(Campbell, Logan, Turner and Holman) could give me some insight on to them? I am looking for a new experience and much more comfort than living at older halls haha. how is the atmosphere and culture is like? and international to domestic student proportion in each of these halls? while I know since you have your own apartment sorta thing people don't really have to come outside. but then again the old hall I live at isn't really different to that either. people don't socialize unless they have to. also what do you all like/dislike in those halls ?
Monash University

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
Re: Anyone living in new Monash Halls?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:03:27 pm »
anyone??
Monash University

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:20 pm »
HI! personally, i dont live in these halls, but a have a couple of friends who live in the ' new' halls- im not a monash student [yet-hopefully] but from just day to day convos they generally tell me it's 'refreshing' ? sorry if this is vague, but if you really wanted to, i could ask them about it and get back to you? :)
alternatively, if you have facebook- try on the group Monash Stalker Space- i heard they're really good for advice/memes etc. :)
[sorry if i wasn't really helpful :p] :D !! :)
Uni and life

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:37:34 am »
HI! personally, i dont live in these halls, but a have a couple of friends who live in the ' new' halls- im not a monash student [yet-hopefully] but from just day to day convos they generally tell me it's 'refreshing' ? sorry if this is vague, but if you really wanted to, i could ask them about it and get back to you? :)
alternatively, if you have facebook- try on the group Monash Stalker Space- i heard they're really good for advice/memes etc. :)
[sorry if i wasn't really helpful :p] :D !! :)

Hey!! no that was actually helpful. Thanks for the response!! :) Yeah I do have facebook, but that page just isn't the place to ask this, too public :p Yeah if you really don't mind could you ask these questions from your friends and get back to me please? :) that would be great :) mainly now I want to know is which one out of the newer halls is most social? :D like which one has more events and which one is easier to make friends and stuff like that? and specially international/domestic student ratio? and I am also looking for a hall which has more undergrads :) Thanks!!   
Monash University

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 09:38:21 pm »
anyone else please?  :-\
Monash University

ultimatelel

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • You're a top block with a top lel
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 06:36:32 pm »
anyone else please?  :-\

]Hi there! I live in the new halls and lived in old halls last year. Here are my thoughts on your question:

how is the atmosphere and culture is like?
It's pretty chill, I'm in Campbell and not many people hang out in the common rooms, more so in their friend's rooms. We get a really big turnout of sports events, the Nott following was pretty big at the start of the year but has died down, but we have a bigish Dooleys crew

international to domestic student proportion in each of these halls?
They're mostly standard across MRS, I think Turner is higher than average though

also what do you all like/dislike in those halls ?
What i like about new halls:
Cleaner, better to have people over, closer to campus, nicer living environment, heaps better rooms

Dislike: No one really hangs out much in common areas, less of a party vibe

In terms of which new halls are more social, Hollman and Campbell are Logan are all pretty good, I'd order them in that way. Turner is pretty dead from what I've heard. Honestly, it all depends on who stays and the types of new residents that come, the people that live in it set the tone of the hall

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 02:04:10 pm »
]Hi there! I live in the new halls and lived in old halls last year. Here are my thoughts on your question:

how is the atmosphere and culture is like?
It's pretty chill, I'm in Campbell and not many people hang out in the common rooms, more so in their friend's rooms. We get a really big turnout of sports events, the Nott following was pretty big at the start of the year but has died down, but we have a bigish Dooleys crew

international to domestic student proportion in each of these halls?
They're mostly standard across MRS, I think Turner is higher than average though

also what do you all like/dislike in those halls ?
What i like about new halls:
Cleaner, better to have people over, closer to campus, nicer living environment, heaps better rooms

Dislike: No one really hangs out much in common areas, less of a party vibe

In terms of which new halls are more social, Hollman and Campbell are Logan are all pretty good, I'd order them in that way. Turner is pretty dead from what I've heard. Honestly, it all depends on who stays and the types of new residents that come, the people that live in it set the tone of the hall

awesome ! thanks heaps :)
Monash University