Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:08:09 pm

Author Topic: Help with first Sociology SAC..  (Read 4510 times)  Share 

Ord-in-ar-y

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Help with first Sociology SAC..
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:06:23 am »
Ok, so I've just started year 12 after a years break and had my first class this week only to find that our first sac is in the week following !!! I'm pretty lost for words and theres only minimal guidance or help from our teacher..

For the SAC we basically have to define a community of our own choice and state the changes that have occurred from one point in time to another.
I'm still yet to decide on what community I was going to choose, though the Gay & Lesbian/Immigration/or even the Pop communities seem to be a bit simpler to write an essay on.

Is anyone doing the same SAC? and if so, could you please provide an example essay so I can have some sort of a guide to follow for when I have to prepare my own essay?

Thanks plenty!

rebeckab

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Help with first Sociology SAC..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »
Hi, sorry for the late reply, but how did you go on your SAC?
I've just started Year 11 after a year away, and I'm doing Soc 3/4 as one of my Year 12 subjects. I know that you've already done it, but we had a very similar SAC and our teacher (and the notes from past exam papers say the same) told us to make the community we chose as specific as possible, so instead of the Gay and Lesbian Community, you would choose a specific group that meets together regularly, if that makes sense? The people in our class (a whole six people!) chose local Rotary Clubs, a historical association, and various sporting clubs. I chose a local sporting club that I'm a part of, which made it quite easy to write on, as I knew plenty of information without too much research, and I ended up getting full marks :D
Hope you did well on it, good luck for your next one.. Some time this term right?