Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:04:55 am

Author Topic: AC generator and DC motor  (Read 11005 times)  Share 

Over9000

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Loves the banter
  • Respect: +20
Re: AC generator and DC motor
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 01:25:01 am »
Okay but why does the use of split rings give you kinetic energy and the use of slip rings gives you electrical energy even tho both of theyre functions is spinning a coil in a magnetic field, shouldnt they both create an induced emf and create electrical energy? Just wondering
You have wondered correct, they do both created induced EMF.

Motor electricity => kinetic

Generator kinetic => electricity

In your jacaranda do you see a battery source on the generator? I don't think so.

You use external force to turn generator

A back emf is created from the current to oppose the torque created by the external force.
Thx
Gundam 00 is SOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD I cleaned my room

VCE 200n(where n is an element of y): Banter 3/4, Swagger 3/4, Fresh 3/4, Fly 3/4

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 01:29:50 am »
Okay but why does the use of split rings give you kinetic energy and the use of slip rings gives you electrical energy even tho both of theyre functions is spinning a coil in a magnetic field, shouldnt they both create an induced emf and create electrical energy? Just wondering

In your jacaranda do you see a battery source on the generator? I don't think so.

A back emf is created from the current to oppose the torque created by the external force.
Thx
nps and remember you can use split rings for generator, that just makes it DC. You can figure it out urself why it is so.
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

Over9000

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Loves the banter
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 01:32:50 am »

Thx
nps and remember you can use split rings for generator, that just makes it DC. You can figure it out urself why it is so.
Yeh
Gundam 00 is SOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD I cleaned my room

VCE 200n(where n is an element of y): Banter 3/4, Swagger 3/4, Fresh 3/4, Fly 3/4