Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:38:19 am

Author Topic: Monash Guarantee  (Read 7034 times)  Share 

stephh1

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Monash Guarantee
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 12:51:34 pm »
https://www.monash.edu/study/how-to-apply/entry-schemes/the-monash-guarantee

For example, "financial hardship" can be subjective, and the weight of evidence would need to be considered.

Assuming you're a year 12 Australian citizen, to be succesful you need:
 - to have evidenced disadvantage in one of the specified categories
 - to have met course pre reqs.  Eg, interview, folio, UMAT...
 - high enough ATAR (not using extra points from SEAS)

That's odd, since I have met those requirements (apart from the ATAR)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 12:52:58 pm »
+1
I got an email, thank god it’s not indicative of my ATAR cause idk what to do with that kind of information. Just a question, I had a few monash courses and I’m assuming the monash guarantee means I’m eligible for all of them right (provided I get the ATAR)?
Yeah it works for any courses in your preferences - you'll get an offer for the first one you're eligible for
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 12:58:25 pm »
+2
It should be remembered that these emails are sent out to thousands of students across the state. It may take sometime for all of them to be sent out!
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Livthomas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 01:36:07 pm »
+1
That's odd, since I have met those requirements (apart from the ATAR)

Same here! I didn't receive an email and I applied for 3 categories :( Hopefully it's just a delay... if not I'd be fairly disappointed. Have you thought about giving them a call?

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 02:09:33 pm »
I received my email this morning too, but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether University of Melbourne sent these emails too? Thanks.

stephh1

• Trailblazer
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 02:38:35 pm »
I received my email this morning too, but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether University of Melbourne sent these emails too? Thanks.

I'm guessing after the ATAR comes out, that's usually when it does with Melbourne apparently.

yebavin

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 05:26:33 pm »
Same here! I didn't receive an email and I applied for 3 categories :( Hopefully it's just a delay... if not I'd be fairly disappointed. Have you thought about giving them a call?
Yeah i applied for 2 categories and didn't get one!

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 05:37:00 pm »
It is possible that only people who solely applied for category one have received an email. I think other categories require evidence and stuff which may take longer to process.
Anyone here who has applied for multiple categories got an email?
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

kez1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 05:46:50 pm »
+1
I applied for two categories, and I have received a confirmation email from Monash. Don't fret too much about it yet- my friend and I got our emails at completely different times. I got mine at around 11am, and she got hers later at around 2pm. She applied for 3 categories, and she received it. So I'm sure it would just be because there are so many emails being sent out to everyone, that it is taking a while to reach people.  :)
2019-2021- Bachelor of Arts at Monash University.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 06:23:16 pm »
+1
Re: SEAS has no relation to ATAR.

That statement says just about everything. SEAS and ATAR are considered as entirely different things.

Re: the delay.

Don’t worry! This takes a few days for everyone to get a response. Remember that VTAC have to have proof for most categories and that much of this has to be confirmed with government bodies like Centrelink (Department of Human Services) and Medicare. Add in the fact that majority of the 50k (or thereabouts) Year 12s would have applied and it’d take a while to accept or reject applications. Remember: VTAC is made up of humans too, so processing will take some time.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

stephh1

• Trailblazer
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 07:37:35 pm »
+3
It is possible that only people who solely applied for category one have received an email. I think other categories require evidence and stuff which may take longer to process.
Anyone here who has applied for multiple categories got an email?

I believe this may be the case with individuals whom have only applied for one SEAS category as it is easier to process. I applied for 3 categories and was confused as to why I haven't received an email, but yet all my friends have (they only applied for one category). Therefore I gave Monash a quick call to clarify the reasoning behind this, and they explained to me that there will be delays as they need to ensure that the evidence provided is valid and acceptable. They said that they will be sending out eligibility emails this entire week, so just keep an eye out for that!

rebeccacar

• Trailblazer
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 08:49:38 am »
I believe this may be the case with individuals whom have only applied for one SEAS category as it is easier to process. I applied for 3 categories and was confused as to why I haven't received an email, but yet all my friends have (they only applied for one category). Therefore I gave Monash a quick call to clarify the reasoning behind this, and they explained to me that there will be delays as they need to ensure that the evidence provided is valid and acceptable. They said that they will be sending out eligibility emails this entire week, so just keep an eye out for that!

Hopefully they send it out ASAP, because all my friends too have gotten an email...and I’m beginning to believe that they forgot about me since I only applied for 1 category 😂
Believe in yourself.