Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 04:36:04 pm

Author Topic: Graph on Sleep Apnea  (Read 776 times)  Share 

alannah

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Graph on Sleep Apnea
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:33:49 pm »
Has anyone ever seen a graph of the sleep cycle of someone with Sleep Apnea in any textbook/resource? I need to replicate one for my SAC on Tuesday (yes two weeks after the exam). Thank you!
English | French | Literature | Psychology | Revolutions | Legal Studies(2009)

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
Re: Graph on Sleep Apnea
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 10:57:24 pm »
Has anyone ever seen a graph of the sleep cycle of someone with Sleep Apnea in any textbook/resource? I need to replicate one for my SAC on Tuesday (yes two weeks after the exam). Thank you!

I haven't seen one but i would imagine that considering sleep apnea can have the person waking up hundreds of a times in a night, that they would have their sleep cycle looking mostly stages 1 and 2 before waking up repeating throughout and barely get any deep sleep.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

alannah

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Graph on Sleep Apnea
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 05:59:53 pm »
That is what I was planning on showing, so I'm glad someone else thinks that would be correct as well. Apparently the graph doesn't exist but we are supposed to create what we'd expect it to look like, which I personally don't see the value of... Thank you Vexx :)
English | French | Literature | Psychology | Revolutions | Legal Studies(2009)