Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:22:42 am

Author Topic: IPT Question Thread + Useful Info  (Read 32353 times)  Share 

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
  • Respect: 0
IPT Question Thread + Useful Info
« on: October 04, 2016, 12:57:11 am »
    I think we should start a topic where we all ask and answer questions whilst referring to useful information:

Ill start first: ( If no one answers the questions within one day I will put up the answers encase anyone needs it for studying)

So these are the major three Topics:
Project Management:
  • I think project management is self explanatory so I guess all you need to know is 7 processing systems and the 5 steps to making a project

Information Systems and Databases:
  • Three Acts were produced, one for copyright and the other two for the access to information. What are these acts called and when were they introduced?
  • Centralised databases provides a complete view of data as well as letting a user access the system from a number of locations. What can a distributed database offer?
  • How do you calculate storage, for example: There are 175 records which all together add up to 64 bytes. Work out the conversion in KB's
  • What are two types of Encryption?
  • A search engine uses spiders and what to find webpages? After this is achieved an indexer does what with the resources found?
  • What are some advantages of a Data Warehouse?
Can Someone Please supply me a link or tell me about the roles of Administrators such as database Admins, System Admin and all the others. I know that one of those roles involve assigning users to printers or something[/size]

Communication Systems:
  • What are the three levels of protocols for transferring messages?
  • What is a protocol? (You must know this, If you dont search it up!!!)
  • In one sentence define Handshaking (node handshaking..)
  • When sending emails is SSL, SMTP or HTTP used?
  • Whats bandwidth in terms of frequencies?
  • Here is a link for Parity Checking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osS9EaKNSI4
[/list]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:14:16 pm by Aaron »
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

aimbotted

• Forum Regular
Re: IPT Question Thread + Useful Info
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:19:50 pm »
+2
absolute legend lad, nice to see someone else doing IPT

Project Management:
COASPTD
Collecting
Organizing
Analyzing
Storing and Retrieving
Processing
Transmitting and Receiving
Displaying

Waterfall Method:
Understanding The Problem
Planning
Designing
Implementing
Testing, Evaluating and Maintenance

Freedom of Information Act (Commonwealth and NSW) not sure on the copy right one

A distributed database can offer increased speeds when accessing data, due to the the databases being spread out (cant really explain this right its just congestion and distance when accessing data). It also offers increased reliability in the event of error the database may still be accessible as opposed to the centralized database.

175 x 64 = 11200 Bytes, 11200 Bytes divided by 1024 into Kilobytes = 10.9375 KB ( im probably wrong)

Asymmetric and Symmetric

Metadata? This questions pre hard

Data Warehouses can be used for electronic storage of information which can be accessed later in the future

Communication Systems:
Application Level. Communication Control and Addressing Level, Transmission Level

A protocol is a set of rule that governs the transfer of data?

Handshaking is establishing a communication link and determining or agreeing on which protocol to use when transferring data.

Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

No clue on the bandwith one

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:37:12 pm by aimbotted »

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »
absolute legend lad, nice to see someone else doing IPT

Project Management:
COASPTD
Collecting
Organizing
Analyzing
Storing and Retrieving
Processing
Transmitting and Receiving
Displaying

Waterfall Method:
Understanding The Problem
Planning
Designing
Implementing
Testing, Evaluating and Maintenance

Freedom of Information Act (Commonwealth and NSW) not sure on the copy right one

A distributed database can offer increased speeds when accessing data, due to the the databases being spread out (cant really explain this right its just congestion and distance when accessing data). It also offers increased reliability in the event of error the database may still be accessible as opposed to the centralized database.

175 x 64 = 11200 Bytes, 11200 Bytes divided by 1024 into Kilobytes = 10.9375 KB ( im probably wrong)

Asymmetric and Symmetric

Metadata? This questions pre hard

Data Warehouses can be used for electronic storage of information which can be accessed later in the future

Communication Systems:
Application Level. Communication Control and Addressing Level, Transmission Level

A protocol is a set of rule that governs the transfer of data?

Handshaking is establishing a communication link and determining or agreeing on which protocol to use when transferring data.

Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

No clue on the bandwith one

Aww thats epic, thought no one really cared about IPT on this forum!!

So All your answers are correct. Here are some that you missed or were not sure of:

- The acts were The commonwealth Copyright act 1968, The commonwealth freedom of information Act 1982 and the NSW freedom of info Act 1989
- With the bytes question dont find the actually answer as we cant use a calculator... just show the working of how you would put it into a calculator (Btw your answer was correct)
- A spider and a search robot fetches as many documents as possible which is handed to the indexer which reads and creates and indexed approach to the documents based on the search criteria
- Bandwidth is the difference between the highest and lowest frequencies of a transmission channel. it is shown as (Hz, kHz or MHz)

BTW.. do you have any questions you  could post that I could answer and do you know the answer to my blue question?
Can Someone Please supply me a link or tell me about the roles of Administrators such as database Admins, System Admin and all the others. I know that one of those roles involve assigning users to printers or something[/size]
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:14:47 pm »
Anyone want to suggest some information?
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »

Hey there!
The syllabus only requires us to know the tasks of a network administrator & are listed there...don't think you need to go into it in detail, judging from the past 10 years of the HSC papers (they have only ever asked about the network admin's tasks in multiple choice or just relating their tasks to the given scenario (found in HSC 2008 paper question 22b)).
This website could be useful to you if you just want to know extra information: https://www.google.com/support/enterprise/static/postini/docs/admin/en/admin_ee_cu/auth_admins.html

Hope this helped!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:01:37 pm by Hua Fei »

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 04:04:36 pm »
Describe the functionality provided by a network interface card.

I'll post up the answer tomorrow if no one answers     :)

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 06:07:20 pm »
Describe the functionality provided by a network interface card.

I'll post up the answer tomorrow if no one answers     :)

Its a phiscal component in a computer or device allowing the user to access the internet which is connected through a protocol like agreement between the card and the router.  Basically uses handshaking.

Was I correct or way off? I never check my answers as I like learning, not looking at answers and forgetting
  <-- CLICK ME

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 06:10:50 pm »

Hey there!
The syllabus only requires us to know the tasks of a network administrator & are listed there...don't think you need to go into it in detail, judging from the past 10 years of the HSC papers (they have only ever asked about the network admin's tasks in multiple choice or just relating their tasks to the given scenario (found in HSC 2008 paper question 22b)).
This website could be useful to you if you just want to know extra information: https://www.google.com/support/enterprise/static/postini/docs/admin/en/admin_ee_cu/auth_admins.html

Hope this helped!

*Physcial

Thanks so much!! I had no idea.

Question:With out looking at answers, answer a) and c) as b) is easy.
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »
Its a phiscal component in a computer or device allowing the user to access the internet which is connected through a protocol like agreement between the card and the router.  Basically uses handshaking.

Was I correct or way off? I never check my answers as I like learning, not looking at answers and forgetting

You're right! Just make sure you also mention that it allows computers to connect to a network and can be installed as an expansion card if it's not a part of the computer.    :)

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 06:49:05 pm »
You're right! Just make sure you also mention that it allows computers to connect to a network and can be installed as an expansion card if it's not a part of the computer.    :)

Mad!!! Useful Question bro,
do you know the answer to my question, I found c) pretty tricky as intra and extra are a bit similar. Im getting confident about this exam, You?

<-- CLICK ME

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 07:26:37 pm »
By the way do you know how to work out binary code? I am lost and I also looked at Freddie Woo's explanation but I still cant get it
  <-- CLICK ME

aimbotted

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »
oh god, im such a nugget. i replied to the thread and never came back to check on it....

anyways arent network interface cards mainly installed on motherboards now? (not even on topic just a random thought)

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 07:58:06 pm »
oh god, im such a nugget. i replied to the thread and never came back to check on it....

anyways arent network interface cards mainly installed on motherboards now? (not even on topic just a random thought)

Yup! They are

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »
*Physcial

Thanks so much!! I had no idea.

Question:With out looking at answers, answer a) and c) as b) is easy.
(Image removed from quote.)

No worries! Glad it helped!   :)
Also, the answers to your questions:

a) Cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a method used to detect errors in transmission – a method 99.99% more effective than check sum. Hence, in this information system, it could be used when the details of the customer when they are applying for a loyalty card are transmitted to the department store.
Note: I don’t think I wrote an adequate amount…and if I did this correctly….

c) In this information system:
- Internet would be used to access the online department store for shopping and applying for a loyalty card. It would also be used when the customers receive advertising emails from the business partners of the online department store.
- Intranet would be used when the store shares information with its employees.
- Extranet would be used for when the store shares information with its business partners. 
Note: Not too sure about this question either……     :’(

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:51 pm »
By the way do you know how to work out binary code? I am lost and I also looked at Freddie Woo's explanation but I still cant get it

Binary code? Do you mean you don't understand how to turn a decimal to a binary?