Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:14:53 am

Poll

what have you have been doing this summer?

netflix, netflix, netflix
going out
working
holiday hw
idk rlly...

Author Topic: beep boop's *deep breath and whispers* yr 12 journal  (Read 13158 times)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
Re: beep boop's *deep breath and whispers* yr 12 journal
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 08:52:35 pm »
+8
mini update #9

Heyo beep boopers!

I missed out on putting my name down for sports for athletics day but I'm really not a sporty person anyways. I had a test for both methods and spesh. I think I went ok, mediocre at best. All my sacs are near the end of term so rip.

I'll be heading down to officeworks later this weekend to buy more stationary, I ran out of loose leaf paper despite buying 2 stacks of 400 sheets not too long ago. ripp the trees While I'm there I'm gonna buy a costume, I'll dress up as something random.

Anyways, I've been reading Karen M. McManus' new book, you'll be the death of me. I have to say, her books never disappoint.

Thanks for tuning in,

beep boop

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 02:17:44 pm by beep boop »
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)

lemurbruv

• Trailblazer
  • hi guys i like school :) (well i'm trying)
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 04:29:17 pm »
+1
Anyways, I've been reading Karen M. McManus' new book, you'll be the death of me. I have to say, her books never disappoint.
Omg book recommendations ☆☆☆☆☆

I will definitely look into Karen M. McManus, can't say I've ever read her stuff but I will give it a crack! I just finished The Younger Wife by Sally Hepworth (☆☆☆☆) and am onto Take Me With You When You Go by David Levithan and Jennifer Niven.
class of 2022!
my year 12 VCE journal :)
2021: music
2022: english, methods, spesh, chem, french

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 10:07:21 pm »
+6
mini update #10

Its been a long week beep boopers. My eng lang sac is next week mon 😭. This sac is split into two parts and will be split I will doing the second half the week after next. Honestly I love eng lang teacher but she always splits sacs into two and it drives me crazy. I'd rather have a one off sac then its done and over with.  My pysch sac will be running on the wednesday during the same week and then I have a chem sac the day after. Then right after most of my sacs are done, I'll have the big spesh sac. WHAT IS IT WITH THESE TEACHERS ASSIGNING SACS AROUND THE SAME TIME?!

During next week, I will have athletics day as well. I have my costume sorted and lets hope this weather doesn't go on like this as it now in melb.

Anyways, my teacher told me today to shut up because I was talking during class. If a teacher told me that during yr 7, I would've started bawling my eyes out. Now I'm like ye whateves lol. My friends next to me were giggling.

Him: "beep boop, I'd never thought I have to say this. But shut up!"
Me: *laughs even harder*
Maybe high school has changed me for the worst. 🤣

Hope y'all had a good week!

beep boop
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 10:22:18 pm by beep boop »
class of '22
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2022, 10:11:34 pm »
+3
Omg book recommendations ☆☆☆☆☆

I will definitely look into Karen M. McManus, can't say I've ever read her stuff but I will give it a crack! I just finished The Younger Wife by Sally Hepworth (☆☆☆☆) and am onto Take Me With You When You Go by David Levithan and Jennifer Niven.

I've been reading other stuff as well such as there's someone in your house and the girl geeks academy books. They're such a fun read, nothing too heavy after a long day of school.
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 08:10:56 pm »
+6
mini update #11

Surprise midweek update, beep boopers!

On Monday I had an eng lang sac. I hope I did ok, I did study for it but my teacher said, "Some of you will get results lower than what you expected." I'm just sitting here thinking no stress lol. {sarcasm} I had a chem test, prac sac for psych and then spesh in all the same day. It was kinda a long day for me tbh. I've been studying for psych and I should probs get a move on for chem because both sacs are next week.

rando thoughts
I had athletics day today. As much as I liked dressing up, it was a bit emotional. I remember being a little junior and admiring the older yr 12's and thought wow I hope that's me someday. All these years have flew by and the previous cohorts weren't lying when they said these yrs go by so fast. Its my last athletics day. This time this year, all of us will be off into the world doing our own thing. I probably won't even see half of my cohort after we graduate. In ten years time, some of use will be married; have jobs; have kids... In six and half months, we'll be sitting our exams and done. In all honestly I got a bit emotional at the sports track, I was close to having a mental breakdown but I will probably be crying on muck up day. {insert ugly crying face here}

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!

beep boop
class of '22

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2022, 11:00:47 pm »
+4
Trust me this is so relatable!! Every "last" in high school is always emotional, but in a way I guess it's a nice reminder of the treasured time you've spent with your peers so far (:
Make sure to get some rest in between studying, and I hope your sacs go well this week!
<3

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 10:48:37 pm »
+5
Hi again,

So I've done like 60% of my sacs. Still waiting to do the other part for eng lang and the big spesh one soon.

Anyways, its been a really long week from I've had sac after sac for the past few weeks, I won't have any sacs next week. So thank god.

I had my chem one today, I could answer most of them. So we'll have to wait and see. My psych results will be released in the coming week. My friend did really well and I'm really proud of them.
Trust me this is so relatable!! Every "last" in high school is always emotional, but in a way I guess it's a nice reminder of the treasured time you've spent with your peers so far (:
Make sure to get some rest in between studying, and I hope your sacs go well this week!
<3

Hi again Jeyda! This term was flying past and I was finally realised that it was my "last" term 1. Is it weird that I wanna graduate and don't at the same time?!  :P ::)

the taboo topic of AN
So I failed my eng lang sac. I passed my resit any everything. My teacher said if my resit results were what I got for the first one, that would have made me have a better ranking. IHonestly, there are a lot of high achievers here, I have nothing against that. The topic of struggling or not doing well in vce is barely to none at all here. I failed a few last yr. I was not in a good headspace. Ig I just felt drained and some days it was a mental struggle. The past few years have taught me if I don't take care of myself, who will? I might write a guide during the holidays of what happens if you fail a sac.

Have a great weekend beep boopers!

beep boop
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 02:26:25 pm »
+5
mini update #13

Hope you've all had a good week beep boopers.🤧

I've had a stessful week because of my personal life. Just when I thought this week was gonna be stress free because I had no sacs, I thought wrong. 🙂

I have my eng lang AC sac on Monday. My big spesh sac got moved to Tuesday.

mafs
DID ANYONE SEE THE LAST COMMITMENT CEREMONY?! OMG. I NEED TO SEE THE REUNION!! My moneys is going to be on Jack and Domenica for a long lasting relationship.

Over and out,
beep boop
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 07:49:46 pm »
+5
mini update #14

Hope you're all well beep boopers!

I've done most of my spesh sac. I have to say tho, investigation tasks are ew. istg... if I see another cardioid or parametric equation imma poke my eyeballs out.

I got my psych scores back and tbh I wasn't happy with the results I got, despite working my ass for the subject. I'll take it as a wakeup call and start studying by doing more practice q's along with more edrolo stuff.

Chem was ehh. I got what I studied for.

I did my AC for eng lang and I looked it and went idk what it write. My mind just went blank even tho I did revise and study. So during planning time (my teacher was being nice) I just went cramps (context, register, audience, social purposes) for the intro along with standard eng and text type. I did my body paragraphs with face needs, register and coherence and cohesion. My writing wasn't near the standard I wanted it to be but I'm getting there.

is anyone excited for the the reunion tmr night?!

Have a good rest of the weekend,
beep boop
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2022, 09:21:26 pm »
+4
mini update #15
Happy end of term, beep boopers!

Its been a crazy term and next term might be even more crazier.

I'm so glad its over, yet I'm so scared next term. I'm gonna have at least one sac per week and I have the big methods sac from the second to the third week. My teacher says that this first sac will be the hardest one.

My eng lang class has already started formal language and has given us booklets for holiday hw.  For chem, my teacher has started teaching. a surprise ik...

In spesh, we'll start doing integration next term. Thank god for my next calc sac, there won't be any parametric equations. I was really tempted to poke out my eyeballs after the last sac. We haven't started anything new before the end of term and have only learnt conditioning and types of learning along with reinforcement. Next term, the topic will be memory.

rando thoughts #2
I'm having an existential crisis. Like I want yr 12 to be over, yet I don't want it to over. Like I don't wanna go into real life. The world is kinda scary. ALSO, DID ANYONE SEE THE REUNION?!

Happy holidays and have a good rest,
beep boop
class of '22

Synthesis62

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 06:19:05 pm »
+3

On holiday too after what was a stressful first term of year 11 (doing 6 ATAR subjects is no small feat ☹️)

Good luck on your VCE journey mate (best wishes from WA - yeah I do WACE not VCE, just sneaking around these forums for the odd tip) :)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2022, 10:25:30 pm »
+4
On holiday too after what was a stressful first term of year 11 (doing 6 ATAR subjects is no small feat ☹️)

Good luck on your VCE journey mate (best wishes from WA - yeah I do WACE not VCE, just sneaking around these forums for the odd tip) :)

Hey Synthesis62!

Its really nice to hear some of my readers reply to my journal.

Tbh I kinda just winged yr 11. What I can give tho, is find the time between fun and work. Time management is a very big thing and remember to take breaks. You don't wanna have burn out especially mid year. Start revision as soon as possible, even if you do little bits before the sac when you start asap you should already know your content by the time sac time comes around and don't have to memorise 4 chapters the night before.

Don't do things last minute. Another thing would be to find what studying types suit you and study with a purpose. If you find that you learn better through watching videos and reading the textbook, do that. You don't have to make pretty notes (which is pretty pointless if you've spent all that time writing them and can't recall them despite having them in your notes). Spend time doing prac q's that way you can really implement your knowledge and find gaps on what you need to work on.

When you study with a purpose the content is most likely to stick and you'll feel better abt yourself when you've done a study session.
Even as simple as sitting down when your studying could be "I'm studying for a sac." Then over times, as your studying, what topics do I need to study for the sac? Topics x,y,z or a,b,c? What do I need to work on?

Hope this helped and enjoy the rest of your break,

beep boop
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 10:26:27 am by beep boop »
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2022, 09:46:20 am »
+6
Hi again, beep boopers!

Thought I might pop in for a quick update.

I'm kinda drowning in sacs atm. I've done the big spesh one last term and my results were ok. RIP. I did the second part of my methods one yesterday and the final part is this thurs. 

My chem got moved like, a week early. I asked my teacher for I can better do in chem and she said, "In this next sac, can we do brilliantly?" I didn't say anything but I'm sure my eyes gave it away. I just went nO pResSuRe. 😀

My eng lang one is 1.5 weeks later. ARG. Why is there so many sacs?!!?!

Then my psych one is in early June.

I had eng lang this morning and my teacher brought me croissants. Bless her. 💖💝

I know uni is gonna be heaps harder,  BUT THE FUCK IS THIS?!

I have an excursion on friday, so I'm super excited.

rando thoughts #3
So during my methods sac, I had back pain. Upper back pain so I had to stand up for the last part of the period when I finished. For like no reason. I was ok in the morning but it got worse and my sac was last period. I couldn't fully concentrate and I'm sure I did quite badly. I'm not even 20 yet, but I already have back pain what is this?!

Have a good rest of the week beep boopers,
beep boop
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2022, 02:58:56 pm »
+6
mini update #17 forgot to do this last time hehe

two updates in one week, wut is this  8) :o

My maths teacher is leaving. I didn't think that he would be leaving halfway through, if not leaving two yr 12 classes. I hope they can find someone in his place soon. It might be a bit hard, since no one leaves haflway in this profession and people usually leave at the end of the year. Some girls were rlly upset and ngl I was too.

My chem teacher asked me," Will you get an A+ this time?"

I replied," I can't promise you that."

I watched dementia doc in psych today and it was kinda sad. Dementia effects family and friends too. I hope that one day that they can find a cure if not prevention.

Ig I thats all I wanted to say,

Enjoy the rest your day y'all,
this will be the last update of the week, i promise...

beep boop
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 06:17:02 pm by beep boop »
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 07:06:56 pm »
+2
mini update #18

Hi all,

Today when I walked into homeroom, it was absolute CHAOS. I totally forgot that my methods class was holding a surprise party for my maths teacher. I put my things down right away and got decorating. We had cake (it was quite nice, it had lots of cream 8)). We gave him a maths clock along with a signed card and jumper. There were also a lot of tears and tissues.  i saw him lurking here on the forums here a couple days ago. lets hope he doesnt find this journal O_O

Moving on, I did my chem sac on wednesday and finished on the dot. I was writing so fast and so much but I didn't have time to look over my answers in depth. I just had enough time to check I that answered each question.  :(

I have my eng lang sac next week and I'm super nervous. I've studied but I'm still ewwahsdkfjhaf.

rando thoughts #4
Its funny how we get told and tell others that we shouldn't take things for granted and still do anyways. I took him for granted and now he's going to another school. ☹ On a more positive note, my eng lang teacher sent me this (attached), hope you guys like it too.

I had a dentist appointment this week and they adjusted the chairs. I almost fell off because I'm so short. #shortpeopleproblems😣😥😂

Have a good weekend,

beep boop
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 07:38:38 pm by beep boop »
class of '22