Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 01:36:00 am

Author Topic: Workload with 4,5 or 6 subjects in Year 12.  (Read 1045 times)  Share 

schoolstudent115

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
Workload with 4,5 or 6 subjects in Year 12.
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:04:58 pm »
What is the workload you could expect if you are doing 4 subjects in year 12? E.g. english,methods,spec,economics.
Same question goes for 5, and also 6 subjects.

More specifically, what is the time pressure like, come sacs/exams?
What is the comparison like?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:07:40 pm by schoolstudent115 »
2021: ATAR: 99.95
2022-2024: University of Melbourne, BSci (Major in Mathematics and Statistics)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Workload with 4,5 or 6 subjects in Year 12.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:39:53 pm »
+1
In year 12 I did 5 subjects - 4 VCE (english, methods, spec, chemistry) + MUEP (chem) and didn't find it too bad. I don't think that time pressure played much of a factor in the year (and doing a MUEP subject meant I had one less set of sacs to worry about which was pretty nice. Once you get to the exams ideally most students don't actually rely on the few days before the exam to study too much (mostly just light revision or a prac exam) so it doesn't matter too much then imo as long as you used the full year wisely to the learn the content and start prac exams early. In my year I had something like 6 exams in a row - although a weekend in the middle.

As for the comparison of 4-6 subjects  - all of it is definitely possible even if you include extra curricular and hobbies, I think most students who do 4-5 subjects would probably be able to add another one if they used the time they procrastinated in solely for the additional subject.

SamJam99

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
Re: Workload with 4,5 or 6 subjects in Year 12.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:41:51 pm »
What is the workload you could expect if you are doing 4 subjects in year 12? E.g. english,methods,spec,economics.
Same question goes for 5, and also 6 subjects.

More specifically, what is the time pressure like, come sacs/exams?
What is the comparison like?

Hey,

So when I completed Year 12 I did 4 3/4 subjects (I had done 2 in Year 11) and I did very similar subjects to yourself (except instead of economics I did chemistry). Personally, my overall load was demanding specifically because of spesh which required a lot of effort and time on my behalf - particularly with nightly homework and study, however, if you're a gun at maths then this may not be an issue. The scheduling of my SACs and exams however was pretty breezy but keep in mind that schools regulate how many SACs that they'd like to conduct. In my case, I think I only had 3 or so SACs per subject over the year (except for English) whereas other students completing other subjects had much more demanding schedules.

Can't speak for the study load of 5 or 6 subjects.

Good luck with your studies.
2015-2017: VCE [98.35] including Business Management [50]

Guide to a 98+ ATAR
Business Management Notes