Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:06:45 am

Author Topic: Moving schools?  (Read 1883 times)

blossomcotton

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Moving schools?
« on: August 06, 2019, 04:13:44 pm »
Hello everyone!
Is it possible to move schools in year 12? I have been considering moving schools due to subjects (4 unit math) and that my chemistry and physics teacher aren't really that good at teaching. Can you guys please give me advice on this as I am pretty unsure whether moving schools is a good idea or not especially at this time period.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:37:39 pm by blossomcotton »

Yians014

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Moving schools?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 04:30:49 pm »
Hello everyone!
Is it possible to move schools in year 12? I have been considering moving schools due to subjects (4 unit math) etc. Can you guys please give me advice on this as I am pretty unsure whether moving schools is a good idea or not especially at this time period.

Thank you!

Hmmm. Which subject(s) does your current school not offer, that you absolutely must do? Are they prerequisites for a uni course that you would like to get into?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:40:00 pm by Yians014 »

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:31:36 pm »
+2
Hello everyone!
Is it possible to move schools in year 12? I have been considering moving schools due to subjects (4 unit math) etc. Can you guys please give me advice on this as I am pretty unsure whether moving schools is a good idea or not especially at this time period.

Thank you!

Wouldn't recommend moving schools in Year 12 as it can be quite challenging both physically and emotionally! Is there maybe an alternative method to fix your problem without moving schools? It could be possible, however, since it's nearly the end of the year you may want to stay put. It's pretty hard to adapt to change this late in the year and could cause more problems.

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:27:01 pm »
+1
Personally I wouldn't move schools. It's not difficult to self teach yourself Phys and Chem from a textbook, and then ask on here for clarifications or if you're stuck etc. There's many people on AtarNotes that can help you with Physics and Chem. Either way I wouldn't recommend moving schools just for 4u maths.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 09:52:32 pm »
+1
In Year 12 it should primarily be you doing the study/learning rather than the teacher. Moving schools could be beneficial but you run the risk of the teacher being worse than what you currently have etc..... no school regardless of whether it's public, independent, catholic has higher/lower quality teachers. You get some good ones but you also get some really dodgy ones who have been in the system far too long to recover.

Also considering the fact that teachers do change from year to year - just because a teacher teaches chem for e.g. this year doesn't 100% guarantee they'll be doing it next year too. So many factors go into the planning so to make a very significant decision e.g. movement of schools purely due to teacher, I think is not the right decision.

Are you in Year 12 at the moment or next year? If you're in Y12 at the moment I would absolutely say with certainty don't bother. It's too late in the year.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile