Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:57:19 am

Author Topic: writing space  (Read 1450 times)

zanibalh

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
writing space
« on: September 09, 2018, 09:01:20 pm »
Hey guys,
Just need clarification; when I write an answer in a HSC exam, can I write below the designated spaces or do I have to get a new writing booklet.
If so, how do I explain that I've used extra writing space for that question?

Thanks so much!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: writing space
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 09:08:55 pm »
+4
Hey guys,
Just need clarification; when I write an answer in a HSC exam, can I write below the designated spaces or do I have to get a new writing booklet.
If so, how do I explain that I've used extra writing space for that question?

Thanks so much!

Hey!

It would be better to ask for another booklet because there are borders around the booklet for the markers to scan the booklets and make the exam papers digital (I'm pretty sure they do this for Visual Arts and English but not sure for other subjects). Just say underneath the designated space that you have used an extra writing booklet. On the extra writing booklet, on the front it asks what question/s you have answered in the booklet. Then continue answering your questions from that point on... But it will also make it easier for markers to read your answer in an extra writing booklet rather than it being squished underneath the designated writing space.

Hope this helps!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

zanibalh

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 09:47:55 am »
Oh okay;
so if I have to write more for a short answer question; do I ask for a new booklet?

How would I continue my answer in that booklet? Do I just write the question number?
How do the markers know I've used a new booklet?

Thanks & so sorry for the question!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:08:44 pm »
+3
Oh okay;
so if I have to write more for a short answer question; do I ask for a new booklet?

How would I continue my answer in that booklet? Do I just write the question number?
How do the markers know I've used a new booklet?

Thanks & so sorry for the question!

a) Yes ask for a new booklet anyways to avoid squishing up your answers and giving yourself enough space to write more if you would like

b) To continue your answer, you can do it this way

[original booklet] ... it can be seen that this artwork portrays (*continue answer in extra booklet)
[extra booklet- make sure to add the question number/letter on the front page] -include the question number. in this case, i'll say that question number is 2-

2. the richness of humanity due to the elaborate colour palette etc. etc. (just continue answering your questioning like you would in the original booklet)

c) The markers will know you've used a new booklet because a) you've stated that you've used a new booklet, and b) when you give your papers at the end of the exam, whoever's the supervising teacher will tell you to tuck the extra booklet in the original booklet. They might staple the booklets together- depends really.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:16:13 pm by beatroot »
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

zanibalh

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:35:26 pm »
+2
a) Yes ask for a new booklet anyways to avoid squishing up your answers and giving yourself enough space to write more if you would like

b) To continue your answer, you can do it this way

[original booklet] ... it can be seen that this artwork portrays (*continue answer in extra booklet)
[extra booklet- make sure to add the question number/letter on the front page] -include the question number. in this case, i'll say that question number is 2-

2. the richness of humanity due to the elaborate colour palette etc. etc. (just continue answering your questioning like you would in the original booklet)

c) The markers will know you've used a new booklet because a) you've stated that you've used a new booklet, and b) when you give your papers at the end of the exam, whoever's the supervising teacher will tell you to tuck the extra booklet in the original booklet. They might staple the booklets together- depends really.

Oh okay, thanks so much!
Makes so much sense now!