Archived Discussion > HSC Exam Discussion 2016

Drama exam??!

(1/2) > >>

sudodds:
How did people find it? I actually thought it was really decent! Particularly for Multi-Discipline Theatre.
I feel like no one who does drama is on ATAR notes haha, but if you are hiding somewhere I'm super interested to know your thoughts!

brenden:

--- Quote from: sudodds on November 03, 2016, 05:04:22 pm ---How did people find it? I actually thought it was really decent! Particularly for Multi-Discipline Theatre.
I feel like no one who does drama is on ATAR notes haha, but if you are hiding somewhere I'm super interested to know your thoughts!

--- End quote ---
there's surely got to be ONE lurker. Out of interest, do you do performance exams in HSC Drama?

sudodds:

--- Quote from: brenden on November 03, 2016, 05:08:40 pm ---there's surely got to be ONE lurker. Out of interest, do you do performance exams in HSC Drama?

--- End quote ---
Hopefully! and Yes! 60% practical, 40% theory.
So 60% is a basically two major works that equal 30%, a group performance which you devise from scratch and an individual project which can be a range of things like a monologue, costume/set design, script, critical essay, promotion etc (I did a short film :) ). But they were both finished ages ago, like a week after trials! We just had the essays today :)

brenden:

--- Quote from: sudodds on November 03, 2016, 05:16:26 pm ---Hopefully! and Yes! 60% practical, 40% theory.
So 60% is a basically two major works that equal 30%, a group performance which you devise from scratch and an individual project which can be a range of things like a monologue, costume/set design, script, critical essay, promotion etc (I did a short film :) ). But they were both finished ages ago, like a week after trials! We just had the essays today :)

--- End quote ---
Sounds like a super cool subject. (I did Theatre Studies in VCE so personal interest). Do you feel confident with your performance/short film?

sudodds:

--- Quote from: brenden on November 03, 2016, 05:18:07 pm ---Sounds like a super cool subject. (I did Theatre Studies in VCE so personal interest). Do you feel confident with your performance/short film?

--- End quote ---
Yeah it is cool! Only annoying thing is it has such a bad rep as a "bludge subject" when in reality I've never experience a more work heavy subject in my life! It's basically a 3 unit subject with only 2 units of credit :( Is that the same with the VCE?
I am pretty confident in our group performance because the markers and our teacher seemed really happy after it. I'm fairly confident about my film :) I liked the finished product however it was just such a big task that there were little things that I didn't have enough time to add, plus hella stressful because I had such a massive cast who couldn't seem to comprehend that it was actually for my HSC haha. But overall I'm happy with how everything worked out :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version