Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:07:35 am

Poll

What Is Your Favourite Chocolate Brand?

Cadbury
Lindt
Whittakers
Hahndorf's
Haigh's chocolates
Other
KoKo Black

Author Topic: Geoo's VCE Journey  (Read 80087 times)

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
Re: Geoo's Hopeful VCE Journey
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 12:55:40 pm »
+1

Oh really, that makes me scared. I am normally pretty good at maths but since learning it through DECV, I have found it harder without teacher interaction so i'm kind of struggling. I got so behind because I put it off and now I am skipping alot of the content of the unit to scrape a satisfactory. Do you find you use much of unit 1, or how much difficulty would you say they build upon it in unit 3? I think on the summer holidays i am going to try prepare a lot more for next years maths and try fill in my gaps of knowledge (If I can pass this year). Like I have even skipped circular functions and a few other important parts so I am kind of scared.

Anyway thanks for the advice  :D

Could you remind me on what Unit 1 was about? As far as I know, I think almost everything in 1/2 methods is relevant to 3/4.
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 11:47:27 pm »
+1
Never pleasant. Try to take things bit by bit. You'll get there!

Thank you! I will get through it, it will just be a tough week. At least it isn't the flu.

Could you remind me on what Unit 1 was about? As far as I know, I think almost everything in 1/2 methods is relevant to 3/4.

To be honest I don't really remember much of what I did for Unit 1. I'm barley half way through the unit so i don't know to much. We did start on linear and quadratics and I'm doing cubic and polynomials at the moment.

2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 11:06:38 pm »
+2

So this week is feeling a bit more positive than the last, I finally started exercising more again after my stair incident, got to complete most of the unit 1/3 content so close to the end of the units, and got to watch some new shows that have come out.

Hey!! I really hope you feel better soon, please make sure to rest and look after yourself, you won't be able to do anything if you don't. When is your bio sac? How are you feeling about it? What 'murders' do you do in Chemistry? It sounds like a whole lot of fun!! Right up my alley haha! Yikes I really can relate to your Methods experience right now. Also, it's 1000% possible to do amazingly well in 3/4 without having that well in 1/2 but the dreaded circular functions is a HUGE topic so you'll need to familiarise yourself very well with that before 3/4. And there's just a lot of graphs for every topic.

I love Lucifer too! It's a light and comical show I love relaxing with and enjoying. What is Chernobyl about? Sounds pretty interesting.

And do let me know how those books go! On the lookout for some great new reads! Take care x

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 09:37:10 pm »
Hey!! I really hope you feel better soon, please make sure to rest and look after yourself, you won't be able to do anything if you don't. When is your bio sac? How are you feeling about it? What 'murders' do you do in Chemistry? It sounds like a whole lot of fun!! Right up my alley haha! Yikes I really can relate to your Methods experience right now. Also, it's 1000% possible to do amazingly well in 3/4 without having that well in 1/2 but the dreaded circular functions is a HUGE topic so you'll need to familiarise yourself very well with that before 3/4. And there's just a lot of graphs for every topic.

I love Lucifer too! It's a light and comical show I love relaxing with and enjoying. What is Chernobyl about? Sounds pretty interesting.

And do let me know how those books go! On the lookout for some great new reads! Take care x
Hehe thanks so much Mango, will do.
Well my bio SAC is due by Friday (31st), but I'm so sick this week that I asked for an extension for next week so hopefully doing it then. What is really funny is that the SAC is on the Immune system when I am really sick, ironic. Chemistry was so awesome last week. We had to solve a murder surrounding a chemist being killed at a grant party, and interviewing, looking at evidence as using our "chem knowledge"  to solve the case. So a great way to shake up the dense chem workload.

That great to know about methods! Its great getting support from other people with the subject right now. I am so close to failing but will hopefully pull a pass. I know, WAY TOO MANY GRAPHS. I kind of get lazy with them when doing exercises and just don't bother with a ruler.

So sad I finished Lucifer, but just started on Arrested Development to hopefully fill that light hearted show gap. Chernobyl is a Mini series from HBO and BBC about the cover up and explosion of the nuclear meltdown of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Reactor in 1986 in При́п'ять (Pripyat) in the time of the cold war in the soviet union. It's a combination of science and history that makes it so interesting. How the soviet union acted about it, and how they tried to cover it up along with seeing the devastating effects was just so scary knowing it really happened. But yeah awesome show it you like the science and history on the soviet union.

I really need time to read more books lol. What genres of books do you like? 

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2019, 09:55:59 pm »
+1
1/2 Physics (probably going to drop and change to food studies)

Hello there! This is totally unrelated but I wanted to pop in and say food studies is an amazing subject :)
If you wanted any more info on what it's like, you are welcome to ask! According to me, it may seem a little content heavy, but in reality once you start learning it, it becomes much more fun and therefore doesn't feel like much. Of course only swap out if you dislike physics to a point where you have to swap out, and both subjects are completely different respectively (and so appeal to different perspectives). Good luck with VCE!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2019, 10:28:18 pm »
+1
Hello there! This is totally unrelated but I wanted to pop in and say food studies is an amazing subject :)
If you wanted any more info on what it's like, you are welcome to ask! According to me, it may seem a little content heavy, but in reality once you start learning it, it becomes much more fun and therefore doesn't feel like much. Of course only swap out if you dislike physics to a point where you have to swap out, and both subjects are completely different respectively (and so appeal to different perspectives). Good luck with VCE!

Hey, thanks so much for the offer! It is great to know there are other people on the forms taking food studies, the thread is pretty much barren of posts.
But yeah, I decided to switch from physics and will be starting on the 17th of June for unit 2 so pretty exciting. Aside from the content, did you get to cook much? I have always been a baker at heart so it would be interesting to see how much there is.

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2019, 11:07:11 pm »
+4
Term 2 Week 6 01/6/19

Wow, can't believe we are reaching the halfway mark of the year wow, and hello winter. So the great thing about doing education online, is that I don't have to brace the cold for class and so I can stay in trackies and a hoodie with ugg boots and a blanket and chug away at work (that sentence was so bad). I feel so sorry for everyone else, good luck with winter guys and keep warm! Anyway this week was very bad, and uneventful, so this won't be a long post.Says that then writes a long post
After 4 tissue boxes, 1 box of Difflam™(can't stand strepsels ™), 1 jar of honey and Panadol™, I am finally starting to feel better. I had to take 3 days off as I was just way to sick to get out of bed so yeah....... it probably didn't help that I couldn't stop stressing about all the maths work I had to do and a Bio SAC, but I just couldn't do anything so all the stressing was super pointless.

I am not doing the GAT this year. I feel really bad that I am not doing, but I would need to drive a good hour and a half to the testing center, plus I am really sick at the moment on top of my other health stuff, and I think it would impact on my studies. I really hope it doesn't impact my Biology score, as it is the only 3/4 subject I am doing this year. I still plan on doing the GAT next year for year 12 however, as I feel the stakes are way higher if I am really unwell. So yeah I hope I am not making a mistake.

English Last week of content for unit one, YAY. It was a SAC based on a article that I needed to analyses and write about the techniques and language was used in the article. It wasn't to difficult, but I had a real problem with not focusing on the language and techniques part and writing about what was going on in the arguments. Not my best work as I was feeling really under the weather, but it is only unit 1. Next week is just filling out a survey and doing a review of the course, which should be easy.

Physic So it was a SAC this week, which I did on the same day I did my English SAC. No this was a terrible idea. My cold was really kicking in, and 1/4 of the way into the SAC, a full on headache (almost migrain) kicked in, and I forgot my box of tissues and it was just a disaster. This was probably the worst thing I have ever handed in. I will most likely get a very low grade on this one, as I didn't even bother answering the maths questions, so I'm waiting for that nice 30%! It doesn't bother me to much though, as I have now dropped the subject, but I am kind of a perfectionist to an illogical point soo.....

Biology So this week was supposed to be a SAC, but as I mentioned early, I was SUPER sick. I have an awesome teacher that has made it so I can do it next week! I am so relieved as it is unit 3, and I can do it properly!

Chemistry Well it was an exam this week but I am allowed to do it next week. So very thankful for that!

Maths Methods Guess what, I actully got off my but, and did my maths work! I crammed 4 weeks of work into 4 days. Did i pace myself, kinda, was it worth it, yes and no, am I going to pass the unit, I have way higher hopes now. Ok, so i am happy that I got something down and made progress, but I am pissed off to the extremes. I MISS TEACHERS. So since my work is all online, it is like having to read a text book with even more mediocre explanations. We did cubic graphs this week, and to try find the minimums or maximums, or just how high or low I need to drawn the line, it just says estimate. No explanation of where or how low, just estimate. It doesn't tell me how to do anything, and I end up using YouTube to get my work done which takes so much time. I wish I had a teacher in class to just explain it to me. Uhhhhhhhgggg
Spoiler

So that is my week. Just me being sick, getting frustrated with maths, postponing SACs and Exams, and binge watching arrested development.

Since I can't get rid of the poll I made, I decided to run a monthly poll! This monthWhat Pet Do Have/Prefer So give a vote  :D

Sorry if this isn't written well, I am super tired and feeling a bit out of it  :-[

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2019, 10:51:38 am »
+3
Hey, thanks so much for the offer! It is great to know there are other people on the forms taking food studies, the thread is pretty much barren of posts.
But yeah, I decided to switch from physics and will be starting on the 17th of June for unit 2 so pretty exciting. Aside from the content, did you get to cook much? I have always been a baker at heart so it would be interesting to see how much there is.
Yes, there’s quite a bit of cooking. At my school, approximately a little less than half of all our lessons are cooking, so there’s quite a bit. I’d say we cook sweet and savoury in pretty equal ratios.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
Re: Geoo's Through VCE Journey
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2019, 07:07:52 pm »
+5
Term 2 Week 7 07/06/19

UNIT ONE (and three) IS FINALLY OVER! Another week and I don't think I could have made it. I am so burnt out it is not funny. I lost interest in pretty much everything I did. School, hobbies, people. I was just at a point where I was so overloaded. I finally get a break next week, as I get the entire week off. I decided that I wasn't doing the GAT this year, due to my health and that I am only doing one year 12 subject. So good luck to anyone doing the GAT on Wednesday next week, and try to not overdo it on the study. I am hanging out for the holidays, but am also scared of the fact that the end of year exams are approaching! The good thing is, Biology is in the first week (Friday the 1st of November) of exams, so I can get it out of the way.

So since I get a week off next week I kind of feel guilty for not doing any study. I mean it is prime time to revise and prepare for the upcoming units, but I am just so worn out. I think If I did do some revision, I wound't feel motivated to do any work or study when the school roles around again. LIke at the moment, I kind of don't know what to do with myself. Going from studying 35 hours a week (max), to just doing nothing, feels really weird. I feel like I should be working, but the though of it also starts of my listing every reason why I don't want to study. Anyone else feel this weird study guilt complex? I know some people that never take a break, and I don't know how they do it.
So, I have a large list of books I want to read in the week. I think i'll try to read maybe 4-9 in my week off, but I want to do some other things to. I have some plans with friends, video games to catch up on (my poor servers I have neglected), lots of baking I want to try + exploring savory options as I would really like to get my diet back in order and do some of my hobbies. Now, I know I am Australian, but I have a scary addiction to Vegemite and Milo. Like honestly, what got my through these last few weeks, was pretty much a glass of Milo (only cold milk in a tall glass with like 3 teaspoons)in milk a day. I know, very bad for my health And I swear I have Vegemite once a day. Anyway enough of my Milo addiction.

Biology Was able to do the SAC that I didn't do last week. I would say it was decently harder then I expected. I studied quite hard for it, but when I looked down at the questions, my mind went blank and I ended up staring into space. It was also crammed into 50 mins (not including reading time), and I ended up with a massive hand cramp. I really think we should have got a bit longer, as there where a lot of very long short answer questions that I couldn't go back over as I had no time left. That hasn't happened to me in ages! So I am really scared on the mark I am going to get. The immune system is just so complex, and the amount of content that was shoved into my brain for the segment of the study design was just SO MUCH.

Maths Methods I did it, I handed in all the work to get an S. I know that this isn't a great result, but i am so proud that I was able to get that. (I don't know if I actually got the S yet, but I really hope I do) I didn't do any SACs for unit one, and only did the bare minimum to get that S. Do I remember anything i did? no. Do I feel confident in applying what i learnt? no. Do probabilities make sense? hell no. But did i pass the unit? hopefully I did. I feel happy and disappointed. I wouldn't say I love maths but it has always been one of my favorite subjects, and to come into year 11 with a bad teacher/course, getting it late, and just feeling really overwhelmed with the difficulty and giant workload was really heartbreaking. As someone who was a good maths student to barely passing really hurt my feeling towards the subject, and my own maths ability. The subject has really made me hate maths now, which is such a shame, thank school!

Chemistry I didn't do any work for chem this week, but I did get my SAC result back and was really happy with it. I managed to get a 49/50, which is really awesome. However, my teacher didn't point out where I lost that mark so I am very annoyed at that.

English Same with chemistry didn't have any work this week but got a SAC back. As someone who was a D student in English last year, getting a B+ is a really awesome achievement for me. yay!

Physics Same as chem and English, I got my SAC back...... and I got worse then I expected, 56%. Now, I did have a bad cold and was given a headache that was borderline a migraine on the day, but i didn't expect this bad.  The good thing is is that I have droped this subject so it technically doesn't matter ???,

On a finally note, I saw that the ATAR Notes lectures are back! I really wanted to go, but it is a really bad flu season at the moment and I can't risk going. My immune system isn't that great, and I can't afford to get sick, so I can't go  :(. I am hoping that I can go to the ones in the term 3 holidays though, and I will look at the notes when they are released.

Anyway thanks for reading and good luck with the GAT guys! *Sorry for spelling issues, but I have motivation of a sloth

smamsmo22

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +34
Re: Geoo's Through VCE Journey
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2019, 08:33:06 am »
+3
Well done on finishing unit 1! Despite the struggles along the way, it's probably flown by faster than you anticipated... so there's proof that you can do it to use for the next semester :) In saying that, definitely make the most of your break with some study-free time... and by study-free, I mean guilt-free study-free ;) Honestly, trying to take a break while constantly thinking about/feeling guilty about not studying is just as draining as having no break at all. You've done really well this semester; treat yourself!!

Maths Methods I did it, I handed in all the work to get an S. I know that this isn't a great result, but i am so proud that I was able to get that. (I don't know if I actually got the S yet, but I really hope I do) I didn't do any SACs for unit one, and only did the bare minimum to get that S. Do I remember anything i did? no. Do I feel confident in applying what i learnt? no. Do probabilities make sense? hell no. But did i pass the unit? hopefully I did. I feel happy and disappointed. I wouldn't say I love maths but it has always been one of my favorite subjects, and to come into year 11 with a bad teacher/course, getting it late, and just feeling really overwhelmed with the difficulty and giant workload was really heartbreaking. As someone who was a good maths student to barely passing really hurt my feeling towards the subject, and my own maths ability. The subject has really made me hate maths now, which is such a shame, thank school!
Completely feel you WRT a bad teacher ruining a subject that you used to like. If it makes you feel any better, I felt similarly last year about English... throughout the year, I was disappointed in my results, lacked confidence and eventually adopted the mindset of just doing my best with what I had and accepting it (easier said than done). I tried to block out my marks, my (unsuccessful) prior expectations for the subject and the results of others, and just work on what I had to work on... I ended up doing a lot better than I thought, and the marks during the semester I received which I were convinced would ruin my study score really didn't have much impact in the end. Getting an S for the unit is all you need for year 11 and you've clearly worked hard to get there, so well done; you deserve to feel proud. Keep at it.

Best of luck for the weeks ahead. What are you planning on baking?

2018 - VCE - ATAR: 99.75 [English, Chemistry, Methods, French, PE, Bio]
2019 - Monash

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
Re: Geoo's VCE Journey
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2019, 12:06:37 pm »
+2
Well done on finishing unit 1! Despite the struggles along the way, it's probably flown by faster than you anticipated... so there's proof that you can do it to use for the next semester :) In saying that, definitely make the most of your break with some study-free time... and by study-free, I mean guilt-free study-free ;) Honestly, trying to take a break while constantly thinking about/feeling guilty about not studying is just as draining as having no break at all. You've done really well this semester; treat yourself!!
Completely feel you WRT a bad teacher ruining a subject that you used to like. If it makes you feel any better, I felt similarly last year about English... throughout the year, I was disappointed in my results, lacked confidence and eventually adopted the mindset of just doing my best with what I had and accepting it (easier said than done). I tried to block out my marks, my (unsuccessful) prior expectations for the subject and the results of others, and just work on what I had to work on... I ended up doing a lot better than I thought, and the marks during the semester I received which I were convinced would ruin my study score really didn't have much impact in the end. Getting an S for the unit is all you need for year 11 and you've clearly worked hard to get there, so well done; you deserve to feel proud. Keep at it.

Best of luck for the weeks ahead. What are you planning on baking?

Hey thanks for reading! Oh yeah it has really gone by quickly, I still can't believe it is June. Yeah I am definitely going to try not to think about study whilst on break, but it is quite difficult. I just need to get into the relaxed habit so I can come back refreshed. It seams the more I talk to people on here, the more stories I hear about teachers ruining the enjoyment of a subject.It's funny, I also feel the same about english, which is really such a shame. Anyway, thanks for the congratulations and the advice it really means a lot.

I really want to try bake choux pastry and turn them into eclairs. I have't tried to make this type of pastry, so I think it will be quite interesting as well to test out fillings. I love a good pastry creme and ganache, but maybe trying to infuse a few different flavors into the ganache like either a hint of coffee or tea. I don't know yet. I was also thinking of attempting to make nougat/Turrón or maybe honeycomb idk but they both are candy making so that should be interesting.

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 08:29:01 pm »
+2

I really want to try bake choux pastry and turn them into eclairs. I have't tried to make this type of pastry, so I think it will be quite interesting as well to test out fillings. I love a good pastry creme and ganache, but maybe trying to infuse a few different flavors into the ganache like either a hint of coffee or tea. I don't know yet. I was also thinking of attempting to make nougat/Turrón or maybe honeycomb idk but they both are candy making so that should be interesting.

I want to make choux pastry too! And eclairs, like macarons, have limitless possibilities! I've never tried infusing other flavours into ganache! And whenever they make honeycomb on masterchef it looks spectacular! I am so excited you are a baker as well! I hope you share pictures of your creations!

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2019, 03:11:02 pm »
+2
I want to make choux pastry too! And eclairs, like macarons, have limitless possibilities! I've never tried infusing other flavours into ganache! And whenever they make honeycomb on masterchef it looks spectacular! I am so excited you are a baker as well! I hope you share pictures of your creations!

Yay! It's awesome to see another baker on the forms! I will definitely try post my baking outcomes when I make them, unless I fail  ;D. I haven't been able to do as much as I wanted to this week, but with hopefully starting food studies I will be able to do more.
Candy making is definitely super interesting, I tried to make honeycomb before, but it didn't turn out well I may have overcooked it and it burnt
I love T2, so i may try infuse there teas into the ganache as I don't really like your standard black teas.

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2019, 08:19:15 pm »
+3
Term 2 21/06/2019

Hello everyone, it is me, back from a small break. So I have written this post twice already, but my internet decided to drop out when I went to post, and , well, let’s just say I lost all my work.yay Anyway, this is probably going to be a very long post sooo......

Biology
So I got my last SAC result back for my unit 3 and I am devastated. I know this may seem like a great result for some, but this just really got to me this week. I got a 26/30. Sorry if this is all a bit over the top, but I had to have a solid cry just to get over that. Now I am not one to think overboard on my atar, because I know in the end that there are plenty of other options, pathways etc. It is just a number, but to me, my atar represents the easiest path into my course. I am not striving for beyond and above results, but just what I need to get into the undergraduate degree I want. So now that that is out of the way, the reason I am mainly upset about what happen in biology, is that I am heavily relying on that score, and two other subjects, to get the scores needed for my goal atar. It may not all be as bad, as for my first and second SAC i scored very high, 50/50 and 19/20, so the unit comes out to be 95/100. That is the unscaled mark, and I don't know If I still hold my rank one position anymore. So yes, I am very upset about this. I know there is still the exam and unit 4 to redeem myself again, but this was quite a blow to my motivation of the subject. Just a mild rant, those four marks, I LOST THREE TO MULTIPLE CHOICE! I couldn't believe it. I went back and had a look, and two of them I don't even remember them being taught. AHHH!

So, into other news. Unit 4 has now officially started. They have decided to change up the course a bit, which I thought was interesting. We weren't given any text book to work with this year, so the teachers either use videos from YouTube or click play and copy chunks of textbook paragraphs for us to interpret and place into our notes. But now they have decided to use mostly self recorded videos to give us the information. Now, on the one hand this has been great, as it makes the information put into easier terms, but on the other hand, I don't feel it gives enough of the fine details. Then again, I am one of those people that likes to have their butts covered and writes down everything I see so, yeah this should be interesting.

Chemistry
Ah Chem, why are you so boring at the moment. As a huge lover of chemistry, I found this week’s work, so painful to get through. I had the attention span of a squirrel. Did my cat walk by? I should give him a pat. Did I leave the heater on downstairs? I should go check. Oh, a notification on atar notes. So yeah, I was very "productive". So this week was exploring water molecules. Half of the content I learnt in Physics unit 1, and the other half felt like a primary school inquiry. I had to do all these experiments which I think were quite pointless. I had to heat water to a boil, then dump that out and pour more water in, but here's the twist, I had to do it that time with ICE. wow Then I had to see if ice floated. And then I had to test how "wet" a surface becomes depending on what that surface is. That last experiment was a little more useful, but the rest was just laughable.
I didn't even have to show results, pictures or any actual evidence that I did the experiments, and all the discussion questions barley had anything to do with the prac, but rather the theory behind it. So, I wasted 4 hours doing all of that when I could have just answered the theory questions. Sorry if that was a little negative/ranty, but at this point I am too tired to care. 

Maths Methods
Do I have to. The good news is, is that it is the start of a new unit. A chance to keep on top of work. Now all I need to do is find that motivation I left lying around somewhere.

English
Need to do this week’s work, but so far, it I just need to answer some questions to a short story written by a rich Russian doctor who helped people that happens to have a very long last name. That shouldn't take me long, but I am just a tab fed up with lack of text the interests me. As someone who loves reading and analysing characters from books and movies, I am just so disappointed in what English has to offer. I understand that not everyone is into the same topics, but I wish there was more variety to what is studied in English. Then again, I might be a little salty that I couldn't do English language. I love linguists so much. Anyway, they also put up trigger warnings for some of the content in unit 2 and provided a lifeline. Which one, I think is great for people who could be triggered by the content, but secondly, I am a bit tired of depressing books. I understand the need to explore deeper topics, and I don't mind reading these from time to time. But I have read the same texts for years on end and I am kind of tired of it. Spice up the system, or read more modern books. There are some really awesome modern writers that explore deep topics that can relate to the people in the classroom. Or give me some other genres. I would love some sci-fi or fantasy that isn't Frankenstein, and I know not everyone is into that stuff, but just one book please  ;)

Food Studies
So, I haven't started on any work yet as it just came in. I am so looking forward to starting. Even though I love my science subject, I am a very creative person, especially in the kitchen, so it would be nice to have a creative and easier subject to blend in with everything else. I just found out my teacher, and got my timetable and textbook. I am not going to put too much effort into this subject until unit 3 and 4 comes around, as I would like to focus on my other subjects, as that work correlates more to their unit 3/4. But yes, so very excited.

Everything Else
So, I don't know how many of you care about the stuff that is going on outside of my school work, but I have time so here it is.

For a while now, I have always gotten bad hand cramps and pain from SACs and exams. It can kick in as soon 5 minutes pass after some hard core writing. Since my exams are approaching, I decided to see a hand therapist. She ended up giving me a hand brace for my index finger. Not going to lie, it is a little funny. She also gave me a new pen, which has a U shape on the end and is very weird to use. , I am not sure If I will use that but at least I know I have options. It is called an ergonomic pen if anyone is interested.

In other news, I am currently writing a short story for my local bookshop's annual writing competition. So that is exciting. I may or may not post it on here when it is done, so who knows. I don't know exactly where I am going with the story, and am at the stage of planning. It is due by the 30th of June so I need to get my butt on that.

I had spare time to FINALLY get in the kitchen and bake. It wasn't much, but I was able to make buckwheat donuts. Unpopular opinion: I don't like icing. I am very simple, I like cinnamon sugar, or a good custard or jam filling.

Last but not least, I was able to get some reading done in my break period! I think I read 5 books.
I got to read Renegades by Marissa Meyer, got to finish Aurora Rising (which has been confirmed for a TV adaption), Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson, Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye, and I am currently reading The Secret Runners of New York.
I have kind of been tempted to read the mortal instruments and its spin offs, but one, there are soooo many books, two (don't kill me) I found the movie and show very cringey, and 3, I just bought a ton of books and need to start saving again. BookDepository and their sales ahhh. There is also Sarah J.Mass books, but I have heard mixed things.

So that is my last two weeks. Sorry that this was long, a little extra, kind of ranty with a small side exaggeration but thank you all for reading. I will leave you with this bad Chemistry joke: Don't trust atoms, they're everywhere!
Sorry for spelling errors
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:48:27 am by Geoo »

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2019, 09:08:11 pm »
+3
Term 2 21/06/2019

Hello everyone, it is me, back from a small break. So i have written this post twice already, but my internet decided to drop out when I went to post, and , well, lets just say I lost all my work.yay Anyway, this is probably going to be a very long post sooo......

That joke was so bad ::) ::) ::)
It's great to see a fellow perfectionist about marks!!! I only have that attitude on when I get marks higher than 85, and mann does it hurt. It especially sucks when you were succeeding with great marks in a particular subject, then only to get a mark lower than what you usually get. I got my ancient history mark back for an essay, got 8/10, my teacher described it as 'my crown being dethroned' ;D... just don't go too overboard with it, it could bring a bit more drama and negativity into your life than you really need.

So glad you went to that hand therapist! Hopefully everything is good now, and hope you have a great week ahead!!!

EDIT: Just realised how long the quote was, so removed some of it :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:32:46 pm by r1ckworthy »
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!