Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:51:03 pm

Author Topic: LF Advice  (Read 411 times)  Share 

jesseprior

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
LF Advice
« on: December 14, 2018, 02:56:48 pm »
Hey guys,

I am a Year 11 going into Year 12 for 2019 and I am genuinely looking for tips and advice to do well next year, I had made some pretty bad decisions for subjects in Year 11, choosing alot of science subjects that I ended up dreading. In Year 12 I am doing HHD, Bus Man, Eng Lang, Legal & Revolutions, picking up Bus Man and HHD. Anyone who did those subjects, or anyone who has wisdom to suceed overall in Year 12 please give me any advice you can! And particularly how I can utilise my time on holidays leading up to Year 12.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:06:54 pm by jesseprior »

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: LF Advice
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 03:16:18 pm »
+1
I have done basically none of those subjects, but I can direct you to resources that may prove useful to you.
Bus Man: The board for Bus Man can be found here.
HHD: The board for HHD is here.
And you can check the VCE articles section on the OP of this thread for all of the above subjects.

VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: LF Advice
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 04:29:44 pm »
+1
Hi! I was kinda in a similar situation in that I didn’t like some of my year 11 subjects and picked up Business in year 12. I don’t want to say it’s easy, but it’s definitely not the hardest of subjects. As long as you pay attention and put in a good amount of effort you can achieve a good score. I don’t think a lot of content carries over from units 1/2 anyway. It is very content-heavy, though so you’ll need to memorise a lot throughout the year. I ended up getting a 37 (34 scaled) on good scores. I didn’t put too much effort because I knew it would be my worst subject and therefore hardly affect my atar, but my point is that if you put in a good amount of effort, you can get a really high score. A lot of it is just common sense and understanding though. If you want something to do during the holidays, I would try to find the textbook and go over the first few chapters to familiarise yourself.

I didn’t do year 11 legal in the current study design, so I don’t know how much carries over, but I can tell you that year 12 legal requires a LOT of memorising, understanding and applying. What I did was just look over the study design frequently and after you cover a topic in class, and make sure you know how to do the key knowledge and skill that you just learned. Also doing this before sacs is very useful as well. I found practise sacs to also be good. You really can just make up a question yourself to test yourself, and if you’re not sure then peek at the textbook then answer it again without the textbook. If you want a high ss, your sac marks do need to be really high, as well as your exam mark. Good luck!