Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:05:42 am

Author Topic: Monash physio timetable  (Read 2860 times)  Share 

mervyn10

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Monash physio timetable
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:21:59 am »
Thinking of transferring into physio, but just wanted to know what the timetable is like on average? Is it like 5 days of uni and is it ALL at Peninsula, or are there some classes at Clayton?

P.S. I'm assuming internal transfers are somewhat easier to get, but did anyone do an internal transfer into physio and if so, what WAM did you achieve? Just trying to gauge my chances

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Monash physio timetable
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:51:35 pm »
+6
Thinking of transferring into physio, but just wanted to know what the timetable is like on average? Is it like 5 days of uni and is it ALL at Peninsula, or are there some classes at Clayton?

P.S. I'm assuming internal transfers are somewhat easier to get, but did anyone do an internal transfer into physio and if so, what WAM did you achieve? Just trying to gauge my chances
Hi! I've just finished my 3rd year of physio at Monash. I wrote a guide a little while back here that has some info that should hopefully be helpful.

I'm sure things have changed slightly since I did first year, but physio is 5 days a week (at least in first year) and this is basically what my week was like:
Monday: CBL (case study), 2 x lectures, prac
Tuesday: lecture, tute
Wednesday: lecture, anatomy prac, 1-2 x lectures
Thursday: 3 x lectures (not necessarily all face-to-face)
Friday: prac, CBL

The on campus load drops off as you get through each semester. First semester of first year has the most contact hours. All days are at Peninsula except Wednesdays, which are at Clayton (where you do anatomy).

I got in straight from year 12 so can't pass comment on WAM needed but generally I think they say you should aim for at least 70+.

mervyn10

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 02:32:32 pm »
Hi! I've just finished my 3rd year of physio at Monash. I wrote a guide a little while back here that has some info that should hopefully be helpful.

I'm sure things have changed slightly since I did first year, but physio is 5 days a week (at least in first year) and this is basically what my week was like:
Monday: CBL (case study), 2 x lectures, prac
Tuesday: lecture, tute
Wednesday: lecture, anatomy prac, 1-2 x lectures
Thursday: 3 x lectures (not necessarily all face-to-face)
Friday: prac, CBL

The on campus load drops off as you get through each semester. First semester of first year has the most contact hours. All days are at Peninsula except Wednesdays, which are at Clayton (where you do anatomy).

I got in straight from year 12 so can't pass comment on WAM needed but generally I think they say you should aim for at least 70+.
Hi, thank you for the indepth info! Just wondering, for 5 days a week, did you purposely spread you timetable out, or will every physio student have 5 days a week minimum? Also, are all lectures recorded?

Thanks!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 09:25:23 pm »
Hi, thank you for the indepth info! Just wondering, for 5 days a week, did you purposely spread you timetable out, or will every physio student have 5 days a week minimum? Also, are all lectures recorded?

Thanks!
Yeah you don't get any choice in your timetable, it's all automatically allocated, so everyone has 5 days a week and it's basically all the same timetable - only variation is your prac times.
Yep, lectures are recorded.