Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:36:54 pm

Author Topic: How will this affect my ranking  (Read 1825 times)  Share 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
How will this affect my ranking
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:20:09 am »
Ok so I've moved into Bio and my coordinator says I can't do the sac they did a week and a half ago because its too stressful and just my bad luck so she wants to use my score from last year which was 50%
Is my ranking kinda screwed?
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: How will this affect my ranking
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:28:44 am »
You're not screwed, you'll just have to work even harder for the other sacs for U3 to compensate for it. Sounds like you probably have multiple sacs for AOS1 given how early in the year this sac was which is a good thing for you because it means that it'll be worth less % than if you just had one sac for all of aos 1 and you'll have a better opportunity to improve your rank.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:34:04 am »
You're not screwed, you'll just have to work even harder for the other sacs for U3 to compensate for it. Sounds like you probably have multiple sacs for AOS1 given how early in the year this sac was which is a good thing for you because it means that it'll be worth less % than if you just had one sac for all of aos 1 and you'll have a better opportunity to improve your rank.

Theres only one sac for each unit  :'(
With such a bad mark, does this mean I basically have no chance to get a 45+ or even a 50? As that was my goal in re doing it
— VCE —

— University —

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:12 pm »
+1
It’s really impossible to equate ranks with study scores because it will depend on how your cohort does on the exam. U3 and U4 ranks are seperate so try and be rank 1 for U4 & do the best you can for the U3 aos2 sac to try and increase your rank as much as possible, that’s really all that you can do.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 01:34:05 pm »
It’s really impossible to equate ranks with study scores because it will depend on how your cohort does on the exam. U3 and U4 ranks are seperate so try and be rank 1 for U4 & do the best you can for the U3 aos2 sac to try and increase your rank as much as possible, that’s really all that you can do.
Wow, are they actually separately sent to VCAA? I never realised this was the case!
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:00:27 pm »
Wow, are they actually separately sent to VCAA? I never realised this was the case!
For every subject that has only one exam, U3 & U4 ranks are seperate. If there’s two exams they’ll be combined.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 02:03:10 pm »
+1
For every subject that has only one exam, U3 & U4 ranks are seperate. If there’s two exams they’ll be combined.
That makes so much sense, but it literally never occurred to me....learn new things every day, I guess! Now that I come to think of it, that explains why my U3 & U4 SAC scores were scaled differently by VCAA post-internals!
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 02:05:58 pm »

Oh wow i didnt know u3 and u4 ranks were different! Thanks for this response it is really helpful :)
— VCE —

— University —

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 02:10:43 pm »
Oh wow i didnt know u3 and u4 ranks were different! Thanks for this response it is really helpful :)
U4 is also worth more than U3 for bio (24% vs 16%)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 08:12:12 pm »
+4
You can also just push back on your teacher's decision and continue to insist she allow you to sit the SAC and let you be the one to decide what is and isn't stressful
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 09:17:14 am »
You can also just push back on your teacher's decision and continue to insist she allow you to sit the SAC and let you be the one to decide what is and isn't stressful
The senior school coordinator says i cant as the 'sac date has passed' which im pretty sure is bs but shes being pretty insistant
— VCE —

— University —

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 11:59:46 am »
+1
Theres only one sac for each unit  :'(
With such a bad mark, does this mean I basically have no chance to get a 45+ or even a 50? As that was my goal in re doing it
Why would the only sac of a unit be done at the very start of the year??

Anyway if these circumstances remain constant and I guess a 50% would be towards the lower side of the ranks yes it makes a 50 "virtually" impossible. It might be mathematically possible (can't say for sure) but it would mean a really hard final exam and you scoring full marks with nearly no one else in the state around that score.

45+ would probably be possible but your performance in all the other assessments would need to be at around a 50 study score level.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 09:00:41 pm »
+4
HEY GUYS
I spoke to the coordinator again and got the same response even after my bio teacher spoke to her saying he wanted me to do it so i spoke to the assistant principal and long story short she either had no idea and was talking b/s or was misinformed but this isnt the first time but anyways i can either sit it or get an average at the end of the year of all my sac scores and have that as my sac 1 score
i see this as a win!
— VCE —

— University —