Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:55 pm

Author Topic: What does this exactly mean? Second language criteria  (Read 3210 times)  Share 

Yr10Student

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
What does this exactly mean? Second language criteria
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:29:47 pm »
Hello
I want to do korean second language unit 3 / 4  next year because I'm doing 1/2 this year.

On the criteria on eligibilty it states:
"A student is eligible for Korean Second Language if they have had up to seven years of education in a school where Korean is the medium of instruction"
does that mean you need at least 7 years of schooling where Korean was the medium. Or you can have up to 7 years of schooling where Korean was the medium.
I only had 1 year of schooling in Korea where the medium was korean... i lived in Korea since 1999 till 2007 though.
Am i eligible?

Thanks

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
Re: What does this exactly mean? Second language criteria
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:26:04 am »
"A student is eligible for Korean Second Language if they have had up to seven years of education in a school where Korean is the medium of instruction"

Meaning, if you have had more than 7 years of instruction in a Korean-speaking school, you are ineligible. You would do Korean First Language in that case. If you have had less than that, you are eligible.
If you have done 1/2 you've already been approved.
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?