Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:06:21 am

Author Topic: Transfers  (Read 675 times)  Share 

XanderRR

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Transfers
« on: December 15, 2019, 08:37:22 pm »
I have a question whether it would be possible to do a credit transfer out of criminology and psychology at RMIT to a double degree of Science and Arts at Monash during mid-year transfer (If I maintain a 85+ WAM)?. I want to major Psychology under Science and Media & communication under Arts. I am doing this due to the distance to get RMIT is quite troubling which is something I didn't fully consider and It is easier to go to Monash because my brother is currently studying there.

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
Re: Transfers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 05:10:40 pm »
+2
Hi!
According to the entry requirements for the Bachelor of Science/Arts double degree, there is mid-year entry available (provided you meet all the requirements). In terms of whether you will be able to transfer credit from a previous course, it's hard to say for sure (since credit is assessed on a case-by-case basis). In general, if there's a significant overlap between the units you've done (e.g. at RMIT) and units at Monash, then it's likely you'll be able to receive credit. You might find this link useful, which lists the outcomes of all previous credit transfers. Since the Arts course has some free Arts electives, you might also be able to obtain unspecified credit (where there is no equivalent at Monash but you are still given credit points for previous units completed at a different uni) towards these (but it's best to ask Monash directly for this). You should also have a look at the units you'll be completing at Monash in the Science/Arts double degree, and see whether you can complete equivalent units at RMIT.

Hope that helps! :)
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]