Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:09 pm

Author Topic: Dropping advanced, and I have questions  (Read 1651 times)  Share 

dadon123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Dropping advanced, and I have questions
« on: December 07, 2019, 05:54:01 pm »
I'm about to do the first test for maths advanced, and If I don't perform, I'd like to drop.
With dropping down, does my first test get counted into my overall? What will happen to my HSC mark?

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: Dropping advanced, and I have questions
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:13:30 pm »
+2
I'm about to do the first test for maths advanced, and If I don't perform, I'd like to drop.
With dropping down, does my first test get counted into my overall? What will happen to my HSC mark?
Hey,
I dropped down to general maths after doing the first advanced assessment and it didn't count into my overall assessment mark. My rank, HSC marks was based on the other assessments that I did.

Hope this helps!! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

dadon123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 06:22:59 pm »
I'm confused, you do your four assessments if one doesn't get counted then only three get counted?

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:26:30 pm »
I'm confused, you do your four assessments if one doesn't get counted then only three get counted?
You'd probably need to check with your school/teachers, but only the three assessments that I did in general maths got counted.
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:45:13 pm »
+5
There is no one correct answer to this question. It varies from school to school. It depends entirely on how your mathematical coordinator (head teacher, leader of learning or whatever the name is) decides is appropriate.

It is common practice for the assessment to not be counted, but you would still need to ask the coordinator if that is the case.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 06:46:46 pm by RuiAce »