Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:54:04 am

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182229 times)

The Waterboy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #315 on: June 07, 2017, 05:14:04 pm »
Felt like I just lost a grip of VCE during this week, fuck me sigh.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #316 on: June 07, 2017, 05:16:34 pm »
Hey!
I'm sure it's going to be okay! :)
I believe in you! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #317 on: June 07, 2017, 10:16:14 pm »
+3
i got my lit and english sacs back today and i'm still kind of speechless. had the same scores on the first sacs for those subjects and i thought that would be the extent of it but then this happened, so. still kind of feel like i'm dreaming omg. (i'm probably way too invested in vce oops.) but also it's terrifying because now the only way to go is down, so that's wonderful pressure to have lmao.

we're moving into orals for english now, and i've never actually finished one before (tend to just pass on prayers + really nice teachers) so i'm not sure if there's any way to improve public speaking skills (or even just GET some honestly) in three weeks but if there is i'd love to hear about it omg. but whatever happens, term two is almost done so that's wonderful! (:

ah, i feel you. you can definitely get it back though! there's heaps longer to go, good luck (:
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2017, 11:47:41 pm »
+5
Big love to y'all struggling and feeling the pressure ❤️ it's a tough gig, your AN fam is here 4 you
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
« Reply #319 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:48 am »
+2
i got my lit and english sacs back today and i'm still kind of speechless. had the same scores on the first sacs for those subjects and i thought that would be the extent of it but then this happened, so. still kind of feel like i'm dreaming omg. (i'm probably way too invested in vce oops.) but also it's terrifying because now the only way to go is down, so that's wonderful pressure to have lmao.

we're moving into orals for english now, and i've never actually finished one before (tend to just pass on prayers + really nice teachers) so i'm not sure if there's any way to improve public speaking skills (or even just GET some honestly) in three weeks but if there is i'd love to hear about it omg. but whatever happens, term two is almost done so that's wonderful! (:

That's awesome! What SACs have you done for English so far? Just had a language analysis SAC yesterday on Donald Trump, so that was interesting. Also have a creative SAC on Medea tomorrow which I have a bad feeling about. And then finally the oral in a couple of weeks, which I've spent the past 3 months trying to write and is still pretty bad. But thank god term 2 is almost over, comparative should be fun next term! :)
UAdel MBBS

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #320 on: June 08, 2017, 09:58:17 am »
+2
That's awesome! What SACs have you done for English so far? Just had a language analysis SAC yesterday on Donald Trump, so that was interesting. Also have a creative SAC on Medea tomorrow which I have a bad feeling about. And then finally the oral in a couple of weeks, which I've spent the past 3 months trying to write and is still pretty bad. But thank god term 2 is almost over, comparative should be fun next term! :)

we've done text response and creative and literally just did language analysis. donald trump is an, um, interesting subject! we had changing the date of australia day which is almost as controversial, haha.  good luck with the creative! medea's a tough stimulus though, i'm surprised they gave you that – we had a collection of short stories, heaps nicer. (but if all else fails it's only 20 marks for the actual creative, just smash the explanation and you'll be fine.) i honestly can't wait for comparative, we'll have ages to work on it. english has gone so quickly, wow.
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2017, 11:11:57 am »

How did the SAC go? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2017, 11:20:48 am »
+2
How did the SAC go? :)

I think it went ok, but you never know with English
UAdel MBBS

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2017, 10:18:07 am »
I think it went ok, but you never know with English

Didn't do English, but definitely feel those feels. Fingers crossed for you! ;D

lilyrosee

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2017, 04:26:58 pm »
+6
How is everyone planning to spend their holidays? For me, I am hoping to have a good rest and catch up on some sleep but also do a fair few practice exams as we have just had mid-year exams and most of the content from my subjects is still fresh in my mind. I would also like to get some practice exams done before the crazy period at the end of term 3! I have already done most of the VCAA Drama exams!
2016: Psychology
2017: English [47] | Literature | Drama [42] | Media | Australian History [43]
2018 - 2020: Bachelor of Arts @ the University of Melbourne

VCE English Essay Marking $10 per essay or 3 essays for $20 - DM for details

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2017, 04:46:59 pm »
+3
How is everyone planning to spend their holidays? For me, I am hoping to have a good rest and catch up on some sleep but also do a fair few practice exams as we have just had mid-year exams and most of the content from my subjects is still fresh in my mind. I would also like to get some practice exams done before the crazy period at the end of term 3! I have already done most of the VCAA Drama exams!
Sounds like a great idea! Make sure you get lots of sleep and take some time to refresh yourself - year 12 can be really draining, and it's in your best interests to switch off for a bit over the holidays and enjoy a break :)
Doing practice exams sounds like a great plan - but don't do them all! Make sure you leave some for when it gets closer to exam period :P I would recommend making sure your notes are all in order and consolidated, and perhaps also going back over stuff from the first two terms that you perhaps didn't understand or are finding is having trouble sticking in your mind.

lilyrosee

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2017, 05:15:24 pm »
+3
Sounds like a great idea! Make sure you get lots of sleep and take some time to refresh yourself - year 12 can be really draining, and it's in your best interests to switch off for a bit over the holidays and enjoy a break :)
Doing practice exams sounds like a great plan - but don't do them all! Make sure you leave some for when it gets closer to exam period :P I would recommend making sure your notes are all in order and consolidated, and perhaps also going back over stuff from the first two terms that you perhaps didn't understand or are finding is having trouble sticking in your mind.

Sounds like a good plan! Thanks so much :)
2016: Psychology
2017: English [47] | Literature | Drama [42] | Media | Australian History [43]
2018 - 2020: Bachelor of Arts @ the University of Melbourne

VCE English Essay Marking $10 per essay or 3 essays for $20 - DM for details

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »
+2
Sounds like a good plan! Thanks so much :)

How's drama treating you? :)

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »
+4

Definitely cram in some practice exams! Maybe an ATAR Notes lecture or two :P

I'll definitely be getting some fun in though -- holidays ARE for rest, after all.  Plans so far are going dirtbike riding, playing some hockey with some old mates, entering a local pool bar's social league competition, going swimming, and #cracking open a cold one with the boys.

Then it's back to study.

🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2017, 07:48:11 pm »
+2
Definitely cram in some practice exams! Maybe an ATAR Notes lecture or two :P

I'll definitely be getting some fun in though -- holidays ARE for rest, after all.  Plans so far are going dirtbike riding, playing some hockey with some old mates, entering a local pool bar's social league competition, going swimming, and #cracking open a cold one with the boys.

Then it's back to study.
Sounds like an awesome holiday! ;D
Assuming you *are* going to the lectures, which days are you going? ;D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!